We are looking for someone who is highly organised, detail orientated, diligent and has excellent time-management skills. We need a supportive, team player who is also able to work autonomously through much of their workload. Having worked in a similar role in the past they will be a self-starter and able to hit the ground running.
The right candidate must have a real interest in Finance but be willing to get stuck into anything, and be confident working with people from right across the business.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Being responsible for accuracy and completeness of AP, AR and cash book in Xero
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Managing purchase ledger entry and AP - including invoice processing and approval, replying to internal stakeholders and supplier queries, payment queries and providing remittance advice
- Managing the month end reporting process including prepayments and accruals postings, payroll and other journals, balance sheet substantiation
- Preparing management accounts
- Processing supplier payment run, reporting and review
- Reviewing bank balances on a daily basis, working capital cash flow forecasting, working
- Assisting with compiling other ad hoc management and regulatory reports
- Preparing of quarterly VAT returns
- Assisting with the annual audit of legal entity financial statements
- Maintaining complete and accurate records, either paper or soft copy
- Supporting adhoc finance tasks as required
- Supervising Finance Assistant
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have a minimum 3 years experience in cost accounting, management accounting or financial accounting, bookkeeping and banking reconciliations
- You are part qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualification
- You must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have good attention to detail
- You are proactive and takes the initiative
- You may also be experienced with Xero highly preferred
- You may also have experience working in financial services preferred
- You are available quickly to undertake a handover period
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.