As a Financial Crime Team Leader at Tide, you will report directly to the Head of Financial Crime, and line manage a team of analysts within our second line of defense! This includes managing their day-to-day workload and taking responsibility for their personal development, whilst managing the overall workload of the team. You will also provide Management Information to the Head of Financial Crime and other senior management where necessary. You will be responsible for our newly launching India product. You will have experience with Indian regulators and submitting suspicious activity reports within this sphere.
You will review SARs, ensuring they are of the highest quality, and conduct investigations of our more complex cases. Where required, you will advise and guide analysts on cases, conduct assurance on a variety of processes within Financial Crime and suggest improvements to existing controls and processes where you see fit. You will be responsible for the growth of this team to meet Tides obligations to Financial Crime. You will work closely with other stakeholders at Tide such as the Head of ongoing monitoring, KYC, and Member support.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Owning and managing Financial Crime workstreams and forecasts
- Owning and defining Tide’s SLAs within such workstreams and strategy for meeting these.
- Reporting the success and efficiency of each workstream to senior stakeholders
- Assessing opportunities for efficiency improvements and reducing false positives, working with tech and non-tech teams to implement these changes
- Being comfortable with data & handling spreadsheets and dashboards
- Being comfortable with technology - using our internal systems & making suggestions for improvements
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- You must have 3+ years of prior experience in dealing with Indian regulators and submitting suspicious activity reports within this sphere
- You have prior experience in creating forecasts for multiple workstreams
- You have prior experience in both card and faster payment fraud
- You have prior experience working with simplistic Financial Crime processes.
- You are an effective communicator with solid reporting skills to technical and non-technical team members
- You can thrive as a generalist and wear many different hats concurrently
- You are logical, and see data as a crucial part of decision-making, but know when to stop analyzing and start acting
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love - for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days paid leave
- Additional Family friendly leaves
- Individual budget for training, seminars and team events
- Family Medical Insurance
- Life & Accidental Insurance
- Flexible working
- Flexible working options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion:
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.