At Tide, we are looking for a Financial Crime Specialist with a specific understanding of Tax and Sanctions evasion. This role is to ensure Tide is taking all the required actions in relation to these two financial crime categories. The Financial Crime Specialist will be responsible for assisting, creating, and developing key controls around both tax and sanctions evasion. This role will be responsible for Tide`s ongoing risks related to both categories. It will be based in Tide's second line of defense and sit within Tides Further Investigation Unit indirectly reporting to the Head of financial crime.
The Financial Crime Specialist must be aware of all the regulatory requirements Tide faces for Tax and Sanctions evasion. They will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of Risk assessments and lead internal forums to demonstrate Tide`s adherence to such regulations. Where gaps are found, it is the responsibility of the specialist to suggest controls to improve and remove such gaps. The Financial Crime Specialist will also be responsible for ensuring all relevant information is up to date in Tides second line policies.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Identifying gaps Tide has in relation to Tax and Sanctions evasion controls
- Implementing controls and processes to remove the risk Tide faces in relation to both tax and Sanctions evasion.
- Maintaining all controls Tide has in place to reduce the risk of tax and sanctions evasion. Continuous testing and oversight of controls related to both risks.
- Creating and maintaining of Tides risk assessments and policies related to both tax and sanctions evasion
- Demonstrating 2nd line oversight of the first-line process related to tax and sanctions evasion
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have 3+ years of Financial Crime experience
- You have experience working in an environment related to Tax and sanctions evasions risks
- You have experience in creating risk assessments
- You possess excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in English
- You have to be a self-motivator and a self-starter
- You have a focus on regulations and risks Tide would face.
- You have exceptional listening and analytical skill
- You are able to multitask and successfully operate in a fast-paced, team environment
- You must adapt well to change and successfully set and adjust priorities as needed
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love - for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Members first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Vitality Health and Dental Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical well-being
- Fully covered Multisport card
- Food vouchers
- We invest in your development with a 1,000 BGN professional L&D budget per year and up to three L&D paid days off
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working options.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion...
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.