ThousandEyes empowers enterprises to see, understand and improve digital experiences for their customers and employees. The ThousandEyes cloud platform offers unmatched vantage points throughout the global Internet and cloud providers, delivering immediate visibility into the digital experience for every user, application, website or service, over any network. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including Comcast, eBay, HP, 120+ of the Global 2000, 65+ of the Fortune 500, 6 of the 7 top US banks, and 20 of the 25 top SaaS companies.
About the Role
We are looking for an internet measurements expert to perform Internet-scale measurements and apply advanced analysis and visualization techniques to massive volumes of data collected from some of the largest enterprise and public networks in the world. You will help us analyze a wide-ranging array of network events, long-term trends, benchmark service providers, Internet-wide outages, DDoS attacks and overall network health. The analysis will be used to educate the market on what really happens in the Internet as well as to improve the inference schemes within the ThousandEyes product. This role requires a deep domain knowledge of Internet protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, BGP, HTTP), previous experience with network measurements and a record of publications in technical conferences in computer networks.
- Existing portfolio of network measurement projects
- Expert knowledge in Internet protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, BGP, HTTP)
- Expert in Python or Java
- Experience with MySQL and NoSQL (e.g. Mongo, Hadoop)
- Superb written, verbal and persuasive communication skills
- PhD or MS in Computer Science
A plus if you have:
- Experience analyzing BGP routing streams
- Experience with traffic analysis (netflow/IPFIX)
- Experience with tcpdump and libpcap
- Experience with distributed/real-time systems