The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility into the now borderless network, arming them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including all of the top 5 global software companies, 5 of the top 6 US banks, and 45 of the Fortune 500. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures, Tenaya Capital, Google Ventures and Salesforce Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
About the Role
We are looking for an internet measurements expert to perform Internet-scale measurements and apply advanced analysis and visualization techniques to massive volumes of data collected from some of the largest enterprise and public networks in the world. You will help us analyze a wide-ranging array of network events, long-term trends, benchmark service providers, Internet-wide outages, DDoS attacks and overall network health. The analysis will be used to educate the market on what really happens in the Internet as well as to improve the inference schemes within the ThousandEyes product. This role requires a deep domain knowledge of Internet protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, BGP, HTTP), previous experience with network measurements and a record of publications in technical conferences in computer networks.
- Existing portfolio of network measurement projects
- Expert knowledge in Internet protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, BGP, HTTP)
- Expert in Python or Java
- Experience with MySQL and NoSQL (e.g. Mongo, Hadoop)
- Superb written, verbal and persuasive communication skills
- PhD or MS in Computer Science
A plus if you have:
- Experience analyzing BGP routing streams
- Experience with traffic analysis (netflow/IPFIX)
- Experience with tcpdump and libpcap
- Experience with distributed/real-time systems