Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a "black box" outside of their control. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility and insight into the now borderless network. It arms them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including all of the top 5 global software companies, 5 of the top 6 US banks, and 45 of the Fortune 500.
ThousandEyes' pioneered Cloud and Internet Intelligence and is widely known as the 'Google Maps of the Internet.' Today, ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest-growing brands. The company was acquired by Cisco in August 2020, chartered with continuing to drive leadership in empowering organizations to see, understand, and improve digital experiences everywhere.
About The Team
Digital experiences rely on a vast ecosystem of ISPs, cloud providers, SaaS applications and many other external services that are critically dependent on the Internet. This rapid increase towards as-a-service models has given rise to unknown dependencies that plague enterprise teams with blindspots that are hard to discover without a new toolset. The “cloud” represents a new architecture to server users and employees and requires a deep understanding of the full stack from users to apps.
The cloud-native and real-time user data teams will work on our emerging initiatives to research new ways to extend ThousandEyes intelligence from the Internet deep into the cloud. Additionally, this team will also be responsible for working with Cisco colleagues to gather flow based telemetry that works together with our synthetics product to solve customer problems.
About The Role
As a Senior Product Manager at ThousandEyes, you will own the success of our cloud-native and flow based initiatives and work alongside our Internet & WAN synthetics team to drive customer outcomes. You’ll set direction by working directly with customers, and make plans come to life by leading a cross-functional team of design, engineering, and go-to-market. Your mission is to deliver meaningful customer and business value by shipping the right product at the right time.
- Generate and shepherd creative ideas, both large and small, that bring value to customers and the business.
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering and design to ship product experiences that customers love.
- Stay hands-on with customers to keep them happy today, while gaining insight for future ideas.
- Partner closely with go-to-market teams to make sure potential customers understand how the product can benefit them.
- Thoughtfully prioritize to maximize the impact of engineering effort.
- Bring curiosity, positivity, and an entrepreneurial approach to each day.
What We’re Looking For
- Technical Acumen: You will work closely with engineering to understand technical tradeoffs and their impact on the product. Being comfortable in the code is a plus, but not required.
- Product Sense: Our favorite product managers bring together insights from every corner (customers, engineering, design, and go-to-market teams) to design and build the best product experience.
- Curiosity: The best candidates understand that creativity and growth start with a curious, humble mindset and asking thoughtful questions.
- Ownership: The best product managers take the responsibility of delivering a successful product to heart, and step in wherever needed, even if crossing typical role boundaries; they never shy away from the details nor lose sight of the bigger picture.
- Communication: Effective communication to any audience (company leadership, engineering, customers, and more) is key to success in this role.
- Attitude & Ambition: The best candidates are smart, hard working, competitive, and not afraid to fail. They are team first but willing to take the lead with minimal guidance and supervision.
Apply for this role if you:
- Have 5+ years of Product Management experience, ideally with demonstrated success in enterprise/SaaS software products.
- Experience and/or passion for working with data visualization
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do –you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us.
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.