Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organisations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
About the Role
The Product Sales Specialist (PSS) will lead the sales process within an assigned territory for prospective customers and channel partners. They will deliver growth in new business across the assigned territory through the development of strategic relationships with large enterprise accounts. The PSS will build and execute well-defined account plans and drive success in the following areas: territory planning, pipeline development, presentation and delivery, trial process management, pricing, negotiation and the closing process. This is an individual contributor and quota carrying position.
What You'll Do
- Identify and source sales opportunities that align with the ideal customer profile for ThousandEyes for the purposes of maximizing solution value and product adoption.
- Initiate contact and professional follow-up for all sales meetings within the assigned territory.
- Meet all sales objectives and bookings targets in accordance with company growth expectations, and develop revenue expansion opportunities across a base of enterprise accounts.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Customer Success to drive product adoption and usage, as well as with Product Management to understand future requirements to accelerate demand for ThousandEyes in the market.
- Highly organized with a results-oriented attitude; adept and detailed in delivering sales presentations, onsite visits and product demonstrations to prospective clients.
- Foster mutually beneficial relationships with ThousandEyes customers and partners in a consistent, effective and professional manner.
- Meet or exceed quarterly / yearly bookings targets, while delivering consistent and reliable forecasting
- Develop and execute a comprehensive account strategy
- Accelerate new customer acquisition and upsell growth in existing accounts, while maintaining an accurate sales pipeline
- Work closely with customers and channel partners to drive market adoption of ThousandEyes solutions
- Lead pricing discussions and contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with enterprise customers
- Responsible for complete and accurate ongoing maintenance of accounts, forecasts, proposals, and account activity in Salesforce.com
- Relentlessly ensure customer success
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of sales territory management experience working for a technology vendor selling enterprise software to network buyers. SaaS sales experience a plus
- A proven track record of consistently exceeding quota selling to large Enterprise / Fortune 500 accounts
- Self-motivated, able to problem solve and work with limited direction
- Demonstrate Leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must be comfortable working in a start-up environment, where everyone must have the “roll up your sleeves” and get it done attitude
- BS/BA degree preferred
- Fluent in German, written and oral
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.