ThousandEyes empowers enterprises to see, understand and improve digital experiences for their customers and employees. The ThousandEyes cloud platform offers unmatched vantage points throughout the global Internet and cloud providers, delivering immediate visibility into the digital experience for every user, application, website or service, over any network. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including Comcast, eBay, HP,120+ of the Global 2000, 75+ of the F500, 20 of the top 25 SaaS providers, 6 of the top 7 US banks, 4 of the top 5 UK banks, and 5 of the top 10 companies on the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list.
Engineering at ThousandEyes
At ThousandEyes, we use cutting-edge technologies and innovative techniques to study and visualize networks on a global scale.ThousandEyes engineers are focused on continuous improvement -- of our product, our codebase, our knowledge, and our skills. We believe in innovation, simplicity, and elegance. We work in small, cross-functional teams where everyone has a voice.
Learn more about engineering at ThousandEyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9a_c8yJyzc
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer on the BGP Platform team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions that provide visibility into core Internet Infrastructure including ISPs, DNS providers, IaaS, CDNs , SaaS providers and trace the impact of macro scale Internet events to individual users and enterprise networks connecting at the edge. These events include outages, routing hijacks and leaks, DDoS attacks, political interference, among others.
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years of software development experience
- A fast learner
- Comfortable working with newer technologies
- Expert level understanding of object oriented programming languages (Java highly desirable)
- Excellent object-oriented design skills
- Experience with streaming architectures, in particular, Kafka
- Experience in ElasticSearch, MongoDB is a plus
- Experience in open-source development is a plus
- Experience with network protocols is a plus
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar