ThousandEyes empowers enterprises to see, understand and improve digital experiences for their customers and employees. The ThousandEyes cloud platform offers unmatched vantage points throughout the global Internet and cloud providers, delivering immediate visibility into the digital experience for every user, application, website or service, over any network. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including Comcast, eBay, HP, 120+ of the Global 2000, 65+ of the Fortune 500, 6 of the 7 top US banks, and 20 of the 25 top SaaS companies.
About the position
We’re looking for an inquisitive Data Analyst who enjoys working cross-functionally, has a strong passion for analytics and is eager to drive operational improvements and sound business decisions. The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, has excellent communication skills and demonstrated success in using analytics to understand and influence business decisions.
You will be a key contributor to our centralized Analytics team, working closely across Sales, Product, Customer Success, and Marketing as a data-driven advisor and partner on strategic issues. You will provide insight, identify opportunities and impact the strategy and operations of ThousandEyes. In short, you will be a key contributor with proven business analysis experience and eager to accelerate ThousandEyes’ growth.
- Utilize strong analytical skill set to drive insightful analysis using internal and external data (e.g. revenue, product, market, industry) to support the team in arriving at business decisions
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to understand their business needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations
- Analyze and define operational metrics that tie back to business performance and frequently report on these to cross-functional stakeholders
- Develop and automate reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs across different teams
- Communicate insights on a regular basis to the appropriate level of management
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree with quantitative focus (e.g. Business, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics) or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years experience with problem solving and providing practical business insights and recommendations using large volume data sets from multiple sources
- Strong hands-on experience with SQL, data warehousing, data modeling, dashboarding and reporting
- Strong problem solving ability, high attention to detail and rigor, can-do attitude and desire to learn
- Hands-on to get things done fast and ability to work without continual guidance
- Strong cross-functional and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate technical content to general audiences
- Entrepreneurial in nature - able to keep moving initiatives forward in ambiguous situations
- Working experience doing business analysis in SaaS companies or management consulting experience
- Knowledge of industrial grade data architectures and reporting tools (e.g., ChartIO, Tableau)
- Work experience in an interdisciplinary/cross-functional field
- Experience with Python (or equivalent scripting language)