We're TheFork. Our mission is to bring happiness through amazing dining experiences, thanks to our 3 main products :
📱TheFork App : the restaurant discovery and booking app for every occasion
🖥️ TheFork Manager : the tool to digitize restaurant operations and be in full control of your business
💳TheFork Pay & gift cards : the new and amazing dining payment experience
Creator of a unique model that disrupted the restaurant industry 15 years ago, we are now the leading dining platform across Europe and Australia. We are experiencing an exciting period of growth, and we're looking for the greatest folks onboard.
We strongly believe that our mission can only be achieved if we also bring happiness to our working environment. We do this by providing a flexible, multicultural and positive environment where each individual has the space to grow.
We nurture this happy culture through our core values: We are better together - We act like an owner - We genuinely care for our users and customers - We believe in transparency - We never stop learning - Speed wins
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead our B2C department and help us build great products.
To be successful in this role, you should be confident in managing our teams while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets and timelines for various projects. We also expect you to be in charge of our integrations with external partners and oversee all software development plans from ideation to execution.
Ultimately, you’ll make sure we use innovative technologies that maximize our productivity and help our company grow.
- Oversee 10+ cross functional mission teams and their projects in multiple time zones and locations. Your teams will manage TheFork android and iphone mobile application, the website and the backend services (and more).
- Work closely with your product counterpart and key stakeholders across TheFork to define and execute the B2C strategy
- Grow and develop new engineering managers to help create high-performing teams
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
- Ensure compliance with security regulations
- Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget
- Be an active part of the leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organization
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
You will be part of TheFork engineering team and report to the Chief Technology Officer. And you will work closely with a Product Director dedicated to B2C as well.
What technologies are we using ?
- Our front-end solutions are built upon ReactJS and graphQL over material design style guide,
- Our back-end technical stack relies on NodeJS & PHP frameworks and PostgreSQL databases
- Our scalable cloud infrastructure is hosted on AWS, leveraging Kubernetes and Istio
- Our production is monitored with New Relic complemented by Prometheus and Grafana.
- We are using unit, functional and integration testing to have quality proof software
- We use JIRA and Notion for project and knowledge management
Who you are
- Passionate about food and restaurants
- Work experience as a director of engineering or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department
- People leader: minimum 5 years experience managing, coaching and recruiting Engineers
- You are business savvy, rigorous, dynamic & curious, equipped with an agile mindset and a strong team spirit
- You have experience with architectural patterns of large-scale applications
- Problem solver, process oriented, ability to foster team spirit and performance
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. You are able to establish strong relationships with other groups in the organization
- Experience managing teams in multiple locations and timezones is a plus
- Fluent in English. French, Italian or Spanish is a plus
- Excellent project management skills
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
What we offer you
😄 An awesome team (not everybody like our jokes, but we try our best)
🏠 A Permanent contract (that can be useful in life)
⚖️ Flexible working environment (2 days home office per week)
💚 Complementary time off to spend with your loved ones
💸 Competitive fixed salary, bonus and equity (yes, equity!)
🍕 Lunch vouchers available for each working day (because yes, we like to try our best restaurants)
🌎 International teams - More than 30 nationalities and 16 offices worldwide
🏳️🌈 Highly inclusive working environment
🤸♀️ Lifestyle benefits that can be used to reimburse physical, leisure activities, family support, travel etc
🎓 Continuous learning and development programs (with full access to LinkedIn Learning!)
👶 Financial benefits in the events of a birth, adoption, pacs, or wedding
😌 Free access to the Calm app
🏡 Housing assistance plan to help find accommodations, or with repairs for your home
🏥 72% of health insurance fully covered by the company
👩🦽 Life Insurance and Disability at no cost to the employee
🍴 Amazing offices with dining, coffee point on each floor, and leisure area
🎤 Team building events (we love karaoke. A lot. A lot.)
We believe that we are better together, and at TheFork we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At TheFork, we want you to bring us your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively keep disrupting the restaurant industry and go from good to great.