Welcome to our fabulous world. 🍴We are TheFork. Our mission is to bring happiness through amazing dining experiences, thanks to our 3 main products:
📱 TheFork App: the restaurant discovery and booking app for every occasion
🖥️ TheFork Manager: the tool to digitize restaurant operations and be in full control of your business
💳 TheFork Pay & gift cards: the new and amazing dining payment experience
Creator of a unique model that disrupted the restaurant industry 15 years ago, we are now the leading dining platform across Europe and Australia. We are experiencing an exciting period of growth, and we need the greatest folks onboard. Together, we will make our wildest dreams come true! We strongly believe that our mission can only be achieved if we also bring happiness to our working environment. We do this by providing a flexible, multicultural and positive environment where each individual has the space to grow.
We nurture this happy culture through our core values: We are better together - We act like an owner - We genuinely care for our users and customers - We believe in transparency - We never stop learning - Speed wins
Oh! And we are also part of the big Tripadvisor family ❤️
Your future buddies, the Forkies.
The TheFork Payment Team is a group of talented people passionate about tech products that have the target to bring the world of digital payments into the TheFork company.We deal with digital payments transactions in the form of 4 main products:
- Prepayment on bookings;
- Credit Card Guarantee on bookings (a sort of reservation insurance);
- Pay at The Table after having a meal;
- Giftcards payments after having a meal;
All grouped under the product name of TheFork PAY which operates globally in the world. We execute in a distributed environment with people in different time zones. We own, manage and develop vertically all the pieces of the infrastructure with a heterogeneous set of skills spread across the whole team, from ReactJS based frontend applications (and native mobile application) to the NodeJS based backend platform, including dealing with multiple external Payment Service Providers.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team and lead people to achieve the goal of laying the foundations for the TheFork Payment Platform.
What you will do:
We are looking for a talent who is passionate about leading a team towards building great products. As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for leading, enabling and empowering the team; setting the vision and driving them to score.
Software Engineering Managers are characterised by "hands-on" technical experience as well as demonstrated progression with managerial responsibilities.
Your coding skills should be sharp and we expect a firm passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment.
Our team of engineers are geo-distributed and highly cross-functional with the expectation for the next year to grow exponentially. We expect you to be an active crucial component of such growth.
You will report directly into the Director of Engineering for the Payment domain and you will peer up with the other engineering managers.
As a manager you will:
- Advocate & Influence to build the appropriate team to reach company’s goals
- Handle team members’ career (Recruitment, Onboarding, Compensation, Growth, Offboarding)
- Closely work with Product team to build Vision, Roadmap
- Contribute to our engineering manager community (engineering culture, meetups, best practices)
- Ensure relationship and follow up on projects’ deliveries with stakeholders
- Champion agile development practices in coordination with our Agility & Quality team
As a member of the team, you may:
- Conceive, code, ship, monitor and maintain web applications
- Review pull requests of your fellow team members
- Exchange with the others engineering teams
What technologies are we using:
- ReactJS (Hooks, Context, Redux), Typescript, Php (legacy)
- NodeJS & Symfony for back-end building a horizontally scalable microservice-based architecture.
- PostgreSQL, GraphQL
- Cypress testing, TDD, BDD, Jest/MochaJS
- Authentication protocols (JWT, oAuth2, cookies)
- Our websites and servers are monitored with Prometheus, Grafana, ELK for 24x7 operations and ease of troubleshooting
Who are you:
- You have a technical background building user-facing products
- You have experience leading a high-performing technical team.
- You excel at maintaining healthy cross-functional relationships
- You are able to challenge product and stakeholders decisions
- You have already coached and mentored 3+ people teams including senior software engineers
- You are data-driven
- You have experience with architectural patterns of large-scale applications
- You are very comfortable writing and speaking constantly in English
What we offer you
😄 An awesome team (not everybody like our jokes, but we try our best)
🏠 A Permanent contract (that can be useful in life)
⚖️ Flexible working environment (2 days home office per week)
💸 Competitive fixed salary, bonus and equity (yes, equity!)
🍕 Lunch vouchers available for each working day (because yes, we like to try our best restaurants)
🌎 International teams - More than 30 nationalities and 16 offices worldwide
🏳️🌈 Highly inclusive working environment
🤸♀️ Lifestyle benefits that can be used to reimburse physical, leisure activities, family support, travel etc
🎓Continuous learning and development programs (with full access to LinkedIn Learning!)
😌 Free access to the Calm app
🏥 Health insurance fully covered by the company
👩🦽 Life Insurance and Disability at no cost to the employee
💗 Welfare allowance school costs, elderly care, babysitting costs, transportation, travel leisure
🍴 Amazing offices with dining, coffee point on each floor, and leisure area
🎤 Team building events (we love karaoke. A lot. A lot.)