TheFork, part of Tripadvisor group, is the leading online restaurants booking platform in Europe and Australia. We are present in +12 countries with 60 000 partners restaurant in a mission to bringing happiness through amazing dining experiences. Creator of a unique model that has disrupted the restaurant industry, we put innovation at the heart of our ambitious growth.
Thanks to TheFork (app/web), millions of diners can easily discover, book and pay the right restaurant at the right price, and thousands of restaurants owners benefits from our solutions to optimise reservation management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and boost revenue.
We strongly believe that our mission can only be achieved if we also bring happiness to our working atmosphere. We do that via providing a flexible, high-demanding and caring environment where each individual has the space to grow and the freedom to succeed and make a difference.
These are our core values: We are better together, We act like an owner, We genuinely care for our users and customers, We believe in transparency, We never stop learning, Speed wins.
As a Senior Global Marketing Financial Controller, you’re part of the Central Marketing team reporting to the Global Director of Marketing Excellence. You’re responsible for controlling the global Marketing Budget and making sure that we make the right investment decisions, while not losing any incremental growth opportunity.
What are your missions?
- Together with Central Finance and the key Marketing stakeholders build, control and manage our monthly, quarterly, and yearly investment plan.
- Build and continuously improve the necessary budgeting tools, and be actively involved in the definition of the Marketing Budget allocation guidelines.
- Define and coordinate an ongoing Budget tracking process in order to identify deviations and anticipate opportunities to accelerate growth via budget relocation (across lines, countries, months).
- Monitor allocation compliance.
- Conduct Budget optimization analysis to assess the return of our Marketing investments and draw clear recommendations for Central and Local teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of our lifetime value (differences by country, levers driving higher LTV, etc.).
- In partnership with the Finance and Data teams, build the proper data assets to better track profitability by user/country/channel in order to be able to adapt our Marketing actions accordingly.
- Continuously support and partner with the central Marketing, local Marketing and central Finance teams. That will be key to landing our ambition in each and everyone of our markets.
Who you are ?
You are a happy person able and willing to bring happiness to the team, to our users and to our customers. Happiness will be the key enabler of our vision and success.
You embrace challenges and smile in face of adversity. For you, good is never enough and you always strive for more. Your ambition and positive attitude towards challenges is contagious and drives those around you to give their best under all circumstances.
You are an expert in your area, but you also have a good understanding of the bigger company picture and of which role you and your team play in it.
You have a great work ethic, always acting with integrity and respect towards any internal or external stakeholder. You stay true to your values, your beliefs and your opinions, but you’re also an active listener, able to adapt your point of view when the context and the provided arguments suggest it. You’re a role model for the team.
What you bring to the table
- +3 years of professional experience in Marketing Finance. Previous experience in a pure digital/ecommerce industry, consulting or audit is definitely a plus.
- You’re an expert in Finance and enjoy working with numbers.
- You have a global understanding and feel comfortable working with all the key levers impacting the Marketing Budget decisions (CAC, LTV, ROI, etc.).
- Team player, with great collaboration skills.
- Humble and positive mindset. Active listener, eager to learn.
- Strong personal drive, self-motivated, and passionate.
- Highly analytical person, always basing your decisions and recommendations on data and facts. When required, you’re also confident enough to make decisions with limited information at hand, trusting your experience, business acumen and gut feeling.
Other considerations for the role
- Language: Being fluent in English is a must. French, Spanish and Italian are a plus.
- Expert level in Office / Google Workspace.
- Ninja expertise in Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets.
- Possible locations: Paris, Barcelona, Milan.