Welcome to our fabulous world. 🍴We are TheFork. Our mission is to bring happiness through amazing dining experiences, thanks to our 3 main products :
📱 TheFork App : the restaurant discovery and booking app for every occasion
🖥️ TheFork Manager : the tool to digitize restaurant operations and be in full control of your business
💳 TheFork Pay & gift cards : the new and amazing dining payment experience
Creator of a unique model that disrupted the restaurant industry 15 years ago, we are now the leading dining platform across Europe and Australia. We are experiencing an exciting period of growth, and we need the greatest folks onboard. Together, we will make our wildest dreams come true! We strongly believe that our mission can only be achieved if we also bring happiness to our working environment. We do this by providing a flexible, multicultural and positive environment where each individual has the space to grow.
We nurture this happy culture through our core values: We are better together - We act like an owner - We genuinely care for our users and customers - We believe in transparency - We never stop learning - Speed wins
Oh! And we are also part of the big Tripadvisor family ❤️
Your future buddies, the Forkies.
What we do in Legal:
The Global Legal Team at TheFork is here to unlock business opportunities by empowering TheFork leaders to take informed business decisions and reasonable risks in every Country where diners and Restaurant owners meet for amazing dining experiences. Our Team is growing internationally and we don’t lose our soul and goal: we strive to provide our business clients with concise, effective and down-to-earth legal advice, we are ahead of the curve in understanding the regulatory, commercial and compliance requirements, now and in the foreseeable future.
What you’ll do:
TheFork is recruiting a Sr. Counsel for its global legal team, providing legal advice to all Countries where TheFork operates in the World, with a particular focus on key areas of the business and law. When taking on this role, you will become a trusted advisor to local leaders within TheFork Leadership and Executive teams, providing advice on a variety of matters particularly linked to Regulatory, Product and Litigation. Additional areas of law and of our business such as Compliance, Privacy, Corporate may fall into your remit depending on the company evolution. You will work as an integral part of TheFork global legal team and will report to our Global Head of Legal. Particularly, we foresee you to be active in the following areas, but be ready to be flexible as in Tech, business priority may change and we count on your flexibility and agility to adapt to the most current needs of our clients:
- Provide legal support to the TheFork Group Product team, developing current suite of TheFork Services and its future iterations;
- Respond to regulatory scrutiny and support our Government Relations efforts along with the Tripadvisor Government Relations Team and the Global Head of Legal at TheFork;
- Be the escalation point of users’ and partners’ complaints and manage pre-litigation and litigation matter in partnership with the Tripadvisor litigation team
- Oversight TheFork compliance efforts in partnership with Tripadvisor, including Privacy reviews and strategic advice;
- Be an enabler, move from “no” to a “yes, but” attitude;
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in Spain, Portugal and beyond, directly or through savvy use of outside counsels;
- Provide strategic legal and business advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to legal issues/risks;
- Administration and resolution of legal issues, pre-litigation & litigation disputes.
- Work closely with other lawyers in the TheFork and Tripadvisor’s wider Legal team, both in Europe and in the US;
- Engage and manage outside counsel;
What we are looking for?
- 8+ years of experience, preferably with both law firm and in-house corporate experience, with experience in handling intellectual property, advertising, marketing, privacy, and analytics-related matters.
- Qualified to practice in EU preferred;
- Fluent in English as professional business language; German, French or Italian also a plus as we are a global team ready to support one another in key geographies where TheFork is available to businesses and consumers;
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-tasking, prioritize and follow-through on numerous projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Self-starter and able to work well independently and as part of a team, with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively frame issues to drive analysis and execution.
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking.
What we offer you
😄 An awesome team (not everybody like our jokes, but we try our best)
🏠 A Permanent contract (that can be useful in life)
⚖️ Flexible working environment (2 days home office per week)
💸 Competitive fixed salary, bonus and equity (yes, equity!)
🍕 Lunch vouchers available for each working day (because yes, we like to try our best restaurants)
🌎 International teams - More than 30 nationalities and 16 offices worldwide
🏳️🌈 Highly inclusive working environment
🤸♀️ Lifestyle benefits that can be used to reimburse physical, leisure activities, family support, travel etc
🎓 Continuous learning and development programs (with full access to LinkedIn Learning!)
😌 Free access to the Calm app
⏳ A program dedicated to help you have the best work/life balance
🏥 Health insurance fully covered by the company
👩🦽 Life Insurance and Disability at no cost to the employee
🍴 Amazing offices with dining, coffee point on each floor, and leisure area
🎤 Team building events (we love karaoke. A lot. A lot.)
We believe that we are better together, and at TheFork we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At TheFork, we want you to bring us your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively keep disrupting the restaurant industry and go from good to great.