Tenet3 is a growing cybersecurity and systems analytics firm in Dayton, OH. We provide solutions to difficult computer science, microelectronics engineering, and cloud-scale machine learning and data processing challenges. These solutions are delivered through software and services to government and commercial customers working on highly technical problems. Creating these solutions require knowledge in a broad base of mathematics, computer science, and statistics topics, experience in scientific research, and an appreciation of the engineering process. We are looking for data scientists holding computer science, mathematics, statistics, computer engineering, or electrical engineering degrees meeting these requirements to join our existing research staff.
As a data scientist you will collaborate with a tight group of colleagues to solve data-centric cyber systems problems. You will work with fellow research scientists and engineers inside of Tenet3 and employed by the government. You will invest your time in learning and understanding the state-of-the-art and state-of-practice of complex system modeling and evaluation, prototyping technical solutions on whiteboard and paper, in hardware, and in code, and in their rigorous evaluation. You will also work with our development team and software engineers to translate solutions “from the bench” and into product. You will embrace the opportunity to translate your scientific and quantitative knowledge into capability never seen in practice.
This is a high-impact position where your experience, technical expertise, and analytical insights will directly impact our products. Your cutting-edge ideas and solutions will be put in practice to harden the security of and protect the complex technology systems of our customers. A formal background or domain experience in cyber-security is not required for this position.
Responsibilities with Approximate Effort
(Research, Senior , Principal) Develop novel solutions to hard computer science, math, statistics, and engineering problems by researching state-of-the-art advancements, creating promising prototypes, performing rigorous evaluation and documentation.
- 20%: Manage the full-stack development of solution prototypes, technical demonstrations, and new capability to customers with small teams of R&D staff members.
- 15%: Maintain a portfolio of solutions under development through issue planning and tracking, road mapping, testing, and progress assessment. Coordinate with engineers across the organization to team and translate prototypes into practical tools.
- 15%: Create written and verbal internal and external communications for projects targeting relevant stakeholders.
- 10%: Interface with leadership, customer, and project managers to craft project concepts, understand new project requirements, and to evaluate customer needs.
Travel requirement: minimal; up to 10%
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Dept of Defense top secret security clearance.
- (Associate, Staff) BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or Engineering.
- (Research, Senior Research, Principal) MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or Engineering.
- Broad background in theoretical foundations of data analytics and machine learning.
- Working knowledge of at least one of: numpy, tensorflow, pytorch, mxnet, matlab, tableau.
- Excellent writing, public speaking, and verbal communication skills.
- Collegial, team-player attitude willing to accept from and offer direction to others.
- (Senior Research) 5+ years experience of research oriented work under DoD or DoE related programs (2+ years with PhD).
- (Principal) 10+ years experience of patented research oriented work under DoD or DoE related programs (5+ years with PhD).
- (Principal) Portfolio of leadership experience managing and leading scientists and engineers on technical projects and in interacting with customers.
We welcome graduate degree holding scientists with a productive research record but deficient in many of the above requirements to apply.
- MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Engineering.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Knowledge of common CI/CD practices and tools.
- Experience using Amazon AWS cloud services.
- Team lead experience, or experiences demonstrating leadership capability.
- 3+ years of project management and/or software architect experience.
- Previous work designing and/or implementing AI/ML/Knowledge Engineering/Cloud Computing technologies for large companies.
- Previously obtained a DoD or DoE Security Clearance.
- Familiarity working with or in government defense, intelligence, and energy programs.
- (Research+) Productive record of publications, technical presentations, patents, whitepapers as appropriate for your experience and/or academic field.
Applications at all levels will be accepted through this posting.
Salary and Benefits
- Very competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Additional sick days
- Floating holidays
- Excellent health benefits including 100% medical, vision, and dental
- HSA with company contributions
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match and profit sharing
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Casual environment with smart, creative people
- Flex time
- Free coffee and snacks
Tenet3 is a cyber analytics company based in Dayton, Ohio. We develop software products supporting advanced machine learning, property graph analysis, and enhanced human cognition. Our tag line is Cybernetics. We seek synergies between human insights and machine automation. Working together our software platforms and human analysts enable a concept we call “explainable security.” This offers our customers a unique window into the trustworthiness of complex, interconnected, cyber-physical systems. Successful software drives our growth. We need you, your talents, and your experience to drive our success.