General Job Description
As the marketing intern, you will work closely with Techstars to create and implement innovative marketing strategies and assets. Your projects will include content creation, social media, PR, partnership marketing, creation of marketing collateral (traditional and digital), and more! This role is a temporary, 10-20 hours/week position.
- Develop marketing plans
- Create content for marketing channels including traditional, web and social media
- Design assets
- Assist in PR efforts
- Analyze marketing metrics
- Interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, etc.
- BA in marketing or working towards one, and/or 1-2 years marketing experience – digital & traditional, PR, events and social media
- Experience in developing content for digital communications channels, including web sites, email campaigns, newsletters, and social media.
- Experience in digital marketing tools - mail programs such as Mailchimp, website creation and management.
- Graphic / asset design skills.
- Able to jump in and complete any task quickly and effectively.
- Be a problem solver and effective communicator.
- A drive to get better every single day and are always looking for opportunities to learn.
- A positive outlook, desire to learn and meet new people, lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- Authorized to work in the United States (remote candidates will be considered).
- Experience in digital marketing tools - utilizing Google AdWords and analytic platforms
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
- Local to Los Angeles, or on the West Coast time zone.
Compensation Range: Hourly pay or Course credit
Start/End Dates: Mid February - Mid June
- Dirk Lehmann - Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA?
- Duc Luan Dam - Luan, do you ever sleep? (Being an Associate at Techstars part 1)
About Techstars Los Angeles Accelerators
Position will be supporting Techstars Los Angeles powered by J.P. Morgan and Techstars Healthcare sponsored by Cedars-Sinai, Point32Health, UCI Health, and UnitedHealthcare.
Techstars Los Angeles powered by J.P. Morgan is open to founders of any and all backgrounds, with a focus on Black, Hispanic and Latino, Indigenous American and Pacific Islander entrepreneurs building startups in healthcare, wellness, B2B SaaS, Deep Tech, Energy, Robotics, FinTech, Mobility, Logistics, LegalTech, Education, and CPG. Through game-changing investment community partnerships, together we will take steps towards dismantling institutional, structural, and systematic barriers that often limit opportunities.
Techstars Healthcare sponsored by Cedars-Sinai, Point32Health, UCI Health, and UnitedHealthcare, is designed for founders focused on innovative technology solutions that cut across a variety of segments in the healthcare industry. Segments include, but are not limited to: patient experience, physician efficiency, access to care, mental health, women’s health, digital therapeutics, tech-enabled services, payment innovation, security, precision medicine, and beyond.