This role is an in person part-time position for college students at 10-20 hours per week.
Candidates are required to be able to receive college credit in return for participation.
As an intern you will help build the next amazing batch of startups, as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies. From entrepreneurs, to investors, to mentors, your network is about to explode. You will have the opportunity to sit in on mentor meetings - get to know the best entrepreneurs and investors in the city, up close and personally. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars social events with the founders and local community.
It's basically a chance to get amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the country. Historically, most interns end up being employed by one of the teams or by someone they met during the span of the three months. Many also go on to build their own companies.
General Job Description
As an intern, you will be working with the Program Team to support our portfolio companies in a very hands-on environment. You will serve as a key member of the team throughout the 13 week program.
We are looking for folks who are excited about supporting companies that have goals to change the world with cutting edge technology in the areas of AI, machine learning, biotechnology, 5G, advanced manufacturing, and quantum computing.
Ideal candidates will be students (graduate level preferred but not required) who are enrolled in engineering, business, or entrepreneurship programs and are passionate about technology. Interns will be required to receive college credit towards their degree in order to fulfill the role. This is an incredibly unique experience to learn how a company is built by founders and an opportunity to play an instrumental role in supporting their quest to scale.
- Demonstrated interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, etc.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program, and able to work in exchange for course credit
- Familiarity with the U.S. VC landscape or local Tennessee startup ecosystem is a big plus
- Able to jump in and complete any task quickly and effectively
- Willing to help at anytime with the program operations
- Be a problem solver and effective communicator
- A positive outlook, desire to learn and meet new people, lots of energy and enthusiasm
- Able to work in person during the program
- Dirk Lehmann – Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA?
- Kelly McDonald – Learn More Faster
- Duc Luan Dam - Luan, do you ever sleep? (Being an Associate at Techstars part 1)
Techstars is an investment and innovation group that connects entrepreneurs, investors, corporations, and city governments to solve challenges across industries and geographies. We pioneered the accelerator program model in 2006 working toward our vision of a connected global economy of innovation.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.