Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. By supporting entrepreneurs at every stage of their journey, we work to create positive social and economic change, transforming the world by making innovation accessible to anyone, anywhere. The accelerator programs, while a critical part of our support to entrepreneurs, are just the first step in providing connections, mentorship, and opportunity to the hundreds of companies that join Techstars each year. Upon graduation from the accelerator, founders have new needs and goals. Our newly formed Portfolio Services department supports those alumni founders.
Techstars currently has more than 6,000 founders comprising over 2,500 companies. Our investments include ClassPass, DigitalOcean, Remitly, SendGrid, and Zipline. Portfolio Services leverages the Techstars network, technology, and data to design and deliver portfolio services to alumni founders at scale.
Director of Biz Dev will be responsible for developing relationships with high impact and high growth scaled technology platform providers (e.g., FAANG). Through relationship development, we aim to understand platform provider needs/goals, surface relevant solutions, engage leaders in network events and engagement platforms, provide tailored insights to investment teams and portfolio companies, identify and create collaboration opportunities for commercial and strategic success.
- Define, develop, and nurture a network of relationships with executives and influencers across the biggest and fastest scaling tech platforms (“Platforms”). Identify opportunities where Techstars portfolio companies can help them achieve their goals
- Support Platform adoption of Momentum, Techstars proprietary network, to enable double-opt-in tech-driven connections for portfolio companies to access (a) targeted sales introductions, (b) tech/service/platform resolutions, and (c) opportunities to other commercial and strategic partnerships
- Work with Program Lead to develop programs and events that scale connections
- Work with Data Lead to provide market intelligence and insights to support investment decisions and portfolio performance
- Assist with expansion, launch, and iteration of scaled solutions to drive portfolio company success through business development from demo day to exit
- Track KPIs and outcomes. Identify and quantity high-throughput initiatives.
- Collaborate across Portfolio Services, Accelerator Investment Teams, Capital, and Sales.
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, entrepreneurship, venture capital, and collaborative innovation
- 7+ years of business development or direct sales experience
- Proven track record of closing deals and developing long-term relationships at senior leadership levels
- Outstanding knowledge of the complexities of strategic account management and selling into the enterprises
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, executive presence, and presentation skills, and high attention to detail
- Experience using SalesForce or similar CRM to record, track and report status
Compensation range: $135,000 - $170,000 + 10% Bonus
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.