As an Associate, you will have the opportunity to work closely with startups in our program, learn a lot, and meet amazing people. You will also attend and participate in much of what goes on around Techstars including mentor talks and guest presentations. It's a great opportunity to learn about running a startup right at the source of where things get done, while adding a ton of value to the operations of great startup companies and Techstars itself.
This is a full time position during the time period (November through mid-February). You need to be available during the day and on Wednesday evenings. Schedule is flexible but a strong commitment is expected. Applicants should be able to jump in and complete any task quickly and effectively. We expect a great attitude, desire to learn and meet new people, lots of energy and enthusiasm. You should be scared of no task and be willing to take on any project, large or small.
It’s a chance to get an amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the country. Historically, most associates end up being employed by one of the teams or by someone they met during the span of the three months. Many also go on to build their own companies.
We are looking for dynamic designers who love getting involved in many different aspects of design who also have a background in video editing. From graphic design, to UI/UX, and even physical print design, you should be able to assess the needs of the companies and create beautiful and impactful materials. You will be helping companies with their branding and marketing - think logos, pitch decks, presentations, social media, outreach campaigns, events, videos, etc.
We also expect the Design Associate to participate in program support with the other associates. Tasks will include assisting the companies in any areas of need, planning of weekly events, preparation for end of program events, and taking meeting notes.
Associate will report to the Program Manager. The position is for the beginning of end of October through the end of February 2022 and will operate virtually (with the option of being in-person) within the West Coast time zone. Associate may be invited to remain on contract for the following Filecoin Accelerator program (March-June).
- Knowledge that spans visual, graphic and interactive design - brand experience is essential
- Experience with deck-building
- Experience with video creation and editing
- Great understanding of content and how to translate it into various visual forms of expression
- A refined aesthetic sense, and storytelling capabilities to work inside and expand a company’s vision and messaging
- Demonstrated interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, etc.
- Able to jump in and complete any task quickly and effectively
- Be a problem solver and effective communicator
- Have a great attitude, desire to learn and meet new people, lots of energy and enthusiasm
- Scared of no task and be willing to take on any project, large or small - including setting up for events and cleaning as needed
- Experience working in an iterative environment including giving and receiving feedback
- You want to work side-by-side with some of the country’s most promising new founders and young companies
- Authorized to work in the United States
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,200 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $29 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.