We are looking for a Product Designer to help us build software solutions for entrepreneurs worldwide. Techstars already has one of the largest portfolios in early stage venture capital, with over 2,300 portfolio companies, a combined market cap of more than $193B, and 12 unicorns. In this role, you’ll take products to market that enable promising founders to get started on building their business. You will help us build relationships and engagement with these customers and help drive the best of the best to our Accelerator Programs. As a result you will help Techstars attract 10x more founders, and contribute directly to scaling the Techstars footprint to serve more entrepreneurs than ever before.
As the Product Designer for the Pipeline Software Development team, you will join a squad of engineers in defining, designing and developing solutions to deliver best-in-class experiences that drive conversion for our accelerator programs.
You will be hands on with our customers assisting in defining, designing, validating and launching new software products. You’ll engage with customers through every stage of product and design validation and collaborate with product and engineering peers to execute discovery, market research, product design, user testing, and product launch.
Your passion for the customer experience, excitement for lean innovation approaches, ability to work with stakeholders and comfort with agile principles at scale is critical.
Techstars is a mission driven company with a collaborative and supportive culture - we are looking for people who are curious, humble and strive for excellence. We value integrity and teamwork above all else.
What you will do:
- Design best in class software experiences for prospective founders worldwide informed by research, sourcing pipeline health and user experience data. Products include the techstars website, accelerator application process, platforms that support entrepreneur learning and development, and internal systems that power accelerator sourcing and selection
- Lead the design process from inception to completion per lean production principles, clearly articulating options and trade-offs of design variations to software product managers and engineers
- Map user flows, wireframes, and produce hi-fidelity prototypes
- You will lead research (customer discovery) and user testing, partnering with software product managers to validate assumptions, understand core use cases and create focused user experiences that deliver intended product outcomes
- Integrate both qualitative and quantitative methodologies into your design development process i.e. instrument and measure product KPIs like conversion, NPS or similar, time to task, task complexity etc, and adjust designs accordingly
- Deliver designs that are customer centric, aligned to delivering on the business strategy and the best outcomes for the primary customer (founders)
- Design repeatable prototyping systems enabling rapid design and validation cycles
- Work with peers to mature the production discipline e.g. velocity, quality, consistency etc.
What you bring:
- 4+ years of experience designing consumer facing software products
- You are a full stack designer, proficient in the disciplines of user research, user interface design and user experience design with a strong customer centric mindset and demonstrated success in designing software products from inception to in-market
- Your portfolio speaks to well thought out user experience design employing design thinking, user centered design principles and problem-based thinking
- Deeply empathetic with an impeccable ability to connect with customers and a desire to solve their problems
- A passion for customer engagement and strong interview skills
- Sound experience and knowledge in design patterns and layout, information architecture, hierarchy and iconography
- Analytical acumen and experience working with both qualitative and quantitative testing methodologies such as A/B testing, usability testing etc to test everything you produce
- Solid technical acumen with strong experience working directly with engineers
- Experience in working with all stages of software products, from early concepts to live products in market
- An advocate for agile production with ability to deliver within timeboxed production cycles consistently
- A believer that a tight relationship between engineering, product and design produces the best outcomes
- You work iteratively, independently and collaboratively in fast-paced environments with distributed teams
- Passion, experience and knowledge of the venture capital industry or entrepreneurship
- Experience designing network, Saas or eCommerce products that drive conversion
Compensation range: $70,000 - $125,000 + 10% Bonus
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $210B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.