Interested in becoming the Engineering Associate for the Techstars Future of Longevity Accelerator in partnership with Pivotal Ventures, an investment and incubation company created by Melinda Gates? As an Associate you will help build the next amazing batch of aging and longevity tech startups, as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies. From entrepreneurs, to investors, to mentors, your network is about to explode. You will have the opportunity to sit in on mentor meetings – get to know the best entrepreneurs and investors in the city, up close and personally. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars social events with the founders and local community.
It’s basically a chance to get amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the country. Historically, most associates end up being employed by one of the teams or by someone they met during the span of the three months. Many also go on to build their own companies.
General Job Description
Can you design, cut and code efficiently and brilliantly? Do you love solving complex technical problems? As the software developer associate, you’ll work with startups to get their ideas off the ground by helping them with their code. We are looking for associates that have the knowledge and ability to take a concept and turn it into a finished product. You should know your front end from your back end and know how everything works from top to bottom and can anticipate problems accordingly.
- BA/BS degree or 2-5 years working in software development
- Demonstrated interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, etc
- Confident in a variety of languages such as, but not limited to the following: PHP, Java, .NET, Python, Objective-C, Ruby, JQuery, HTML, CCS, or design/UI/UX.
- A drive to get better every single day and are always looking for opportunities to learn.
- A positive outlook, desire to learn and meet new people, lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- Authorized to work as a contractor in the United States.
- Currently live in Washington, DC or would be willing to live here for the duration of the program.
- Dirk Lehmann – Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA?
- Kelly McDonald – Learn More Faster
- Duc Luan Dam - Luan, do you ever sleep? (Being an Associate at Techstars part 1)
Techstars is an investment and innovation group that connects entrepreneurs, investors, corporations, and city governments to solve challenges across industries and geographies. We pioneered the accelerator program model in 2006 working toward our vision of a connected global economy of innovation.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.