Stord is on a mission to migrate supply chains to the cloud—empowering brands to build sophisticated, agile, and integrated supply chains.
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in the heart of Atlanta's vibrant tech community, Stord is pioneering the world's first Cloud Supply Chain. The Cloud Supply Chain is the convergence of the digital and physical elements of logistics. With Stord's Cloud Supply Chain, businesses can build, expand, and optimize their physical supply chain operations across freight, warehousing, and fulfillment, with the speed, flexibility, and ease of modern cloud software.
With a single integration, businesses achieve end-to-end visibility into their whole supply chains from a single dashboard and gain access to Stord's network of hundreds of warehouses, fulfillment centers, and carriers.
We're a rapidly growing team that is backed by over $125M from leading investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, BOND, D1 Capital, and more (investors in Amazon, Google, Twitter, and more)We've received awards and recognition from TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., TAG, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and more.
The future of supply chains is in the cloud. Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with the Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Strategic Sourcing Representative Position:
This role will best fit a strategist with a background in the 3PL warehousing industry, looking to grow a community of suppliers in a fast-growing startup in the supply chain industry. This role requires an individual who thrives in client-facing roles. This team member would be a valued Supplier Relations partner and assist in supplier onboarding, negotiating pricing and contracts, and supplier procurement strategy. The right candidate for this position will thrive in a rapidly evolving, highly entrepreneurial and collaborative environment with a demonstrated passion for results through action.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the procurement effort and formal RFPs with a data-driven approach to find and build supplier capacity
- Maintain/improve relationships with existing vendor network to create a community of partners via increased volume, communication, and collaboration
- Recruit and develop new supplier relationships to support STORD’s rapidly growing sales opportunities and market expansion
- Negotiate capacity, rates, and service levels
- Maintain active engagement within our CRM to address sales leads and communicate procurement progress
- Collaborate with Sales and Operations teams to accommodate both prospect and vendor needs
- Foster continuous improvement through performance measurement of internal processes
- Organize and assist with quarterly business reviews with key supplier partners
- Ensure compliance within the vendor network
- Build automation to improve efficiency
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Relevant Discipline such as Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering
- 3 to 5 Years in a Related Field, preferably Supply Chain or Logistics, with a procurement focus
- Proficiency in Excel and CRM systems
- Experience using data and KPIs to communicate progress and drive change
- Negotiation experience for short and long term contracts
- Enthusiasm for Relationship Building
- Strong Cross-Functional Collaboration Skills focused on relationships with Sales, Operations, and Data Science departments
- Ability to think strategically and innovate for the future
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication
- Highly Organized
- High Attention to Detail
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The STORD company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At STORD you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Lunches
- Ping Pong! 🏓
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Gym Stipend
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.