STORD is on a mission to empower modern shippers to move products more efficiently and effectively, at scale.
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in the heart of Atlanta's vibrant tech community, STORD is the pioneer of Networked Distribution - a disruptive new logistics model that combines both software and services to transform how goods are moved across the globe. STORD connects a network of warehouses and distribution centers through a single software platform to provide increased visibility, control, and optimization across a company’s supply chain.
STORD has raised over $15M from leading investors such as Silicon Valley VC firm Kleiner Perkins (most known for investments in Google, Amazon, and Twitter), Susa Ventures, Dynamo, Rise of the Rest, and more. We’ve received awards and recognition from TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., TAG, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and more.
About the Data Engineer Position:
Our Data Engineer will be responsible for working within the Data Science team and cross-collaborate with our Supplier Relations, Sales, and Engineering teams to identify, implement, and disseminate data solutions using technology. This team member will be responsible for creating and optimizing our data pipeline architecture, flow, and collection for cross-functional teams, and ensuring that data delivery is consistent throughout ongoing projects. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned data engineer who enjoys optimizing systems and building them from the ground up.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and maintain automated ETL pipelines (with monitoring) using scripting languages including Python and SQL, tools like Airflow and Spark and cloud-based services like BigQuery, Dataproc, and Kafka
- Hydrate event messages by making RESTful calls to JSON API Services made available by the Engineering team
- Implement Comprehensive Testing and Continuous Integration frameworks for schema, data, and functional processes/pipelines
- Use Airflow or any other scheduling tool to automatically recognize and set-up object dependencies for robust and timely data delivery
- Use tools like Nifi or Stitch to build ETL pipelines for ingesting data into our data warehouse
- Use tools like Apache beam, Dataflow or DBT to denormalize loaded data
- Develop and maintain data warehouse and data lake metadata, data catalog, and user documentation for internal business customers
- Work with internal business customers and our engineering team to gather and document requirements for data publishing and data consumption via data warehouse, data lake, and analytics solutions
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Business, or related field
- 2+ years of experience with one or more query languages, schema definition languages, and scripting languages to build data solutions
- Experience with Data Modeling (e.g. Dimensional and 3NF)
- 2+ years of experience in distributed system concepts from data storage and compute perspective (e.g. data lake architectures)
- 2+ years of experience with orchestration and scheduling frameworks; Airflow preferred
- Previous startup experience
- Previous logistics or supply chain experience
- Experience with Jira
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Eligibility
- Flexible Parental Leave
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The STORD company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At STORD you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited, flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Gym reimbursement program
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Lunches
- Ping Pong! 🏓
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.