STORD is on a mission to empower modern shippers to move products more efficiently and effectively, at scale.
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in the heart of Atlanta's vibrant tech community, STORD is the pioneer of Networked Distribution - a disruptive new logistics model that combines both software and services to transform how goods are moved across the globe. STORD connects a network of warehouses and distribution centers through a single software platform to provide increased visibility, control, and optimization across a company’s supply chain.
STORD has raised over $15M from leading investors such as Silicon Valley VC firm Kleiner Perkins (most known for investments in Google, Amazon, and Twitter), Susa Ventures, Dynamo, Rise of the Rest, and more. We’ve received awards and recognition from TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., TAG, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and more.
About the Data Science Analyst Position:
This role will best fit someone with prior experience in operations research consulting looking to grow the supply chain analytics efforts of a fast-growing startup.The most critical responsibility of this position involves modeling our clients’ supply chain networks and assisting them in developing more efficient supply chain systems. This team member would be a valued Data Science resource aiding in growing our supply chain and network redesign advisory efforts. The right candidate for this position will thrive in a rapidly evolving, highly entrepreneurial and collaborative environment with a demonstrated passion for results through action.
What You'll Do:
- Lead efforts for identifying pain points, analyzing costs and benefits, and suggesting improvements in customer supply chain networks
- Extract insights from small to massive datasets, deliver insights in easily consumable visualizations
- Build visualizations and BI deliverables for business and technical audiences. Communicate solution approaches effectively to our stakeholders
- Design and conduct data science experiments for the purpose of network optimization
- Create reusable playbooks & automated pipelines for all our projects
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial & Systems Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, Statistics, Operations Research, Decisions Sciences, or Computer Science
- 1+ Years in a Data Science, Network Optimization or Operations Research related field; Preferably with Supply Chain or Logistics background
- Familiarity with scripting languages like Python or R and querying languages like SQL
- Practical development experience in real-time large-scale optimization algorithms (e.g., supply chain network optimization, inventory optimization, network design, and S&OP) and Simulation Modeling
- Proactive Problem-Solving
- Team-Oriented and Strategic Mindset
- Polished Written and Verbal Communication
- Experience in Predictive Modeling, familiarity with any cloud development platform (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Prior supply chain consulting experience
- Previous start-up experience
- Previous logistics or supply chain experience
- Experience with cloud development platforms and predictive modeling
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Eligibility
- Flexible Parental Leave
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The STORD company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At STORD you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited, flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Gym reimbursement program
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Lunches
- Ping Pong! 🏓
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.