STORD is on a mission to empower modern shippers to move products more efficiently and effectively, at scale.
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in the heart of Atlanta's vibrant tech community, STORD is the pioneer of Networked Distribution - a disruptive new logistics model that combines both software and services to transform how goods are moved across the globe. STORD connects a network of warehouses and distribution centers through a single software platform to provide increased visibility, control, and optimization across a company’s supply chain.
STORD has raised over $15M from leading investors such as Silicon Valley VC firm Kleiner Perkins (most known for investments in Google, Amazon, and Twitter), Susa Ventures, Dynamo, Rise of the Rest, and more. We’ve received awards and recognition from TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., TAG, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and more.
About the Application Architect Position:
We currently have two development teams and we plan to grow to 5 teams. We are looking for an experienced, hands-on architect that has 12+ years of experience with application development, and at least the last four years of which have been in an application architect role. The Application Architect keeps the implementation teams flowing by promoting best practices and proving out designs for up-coming challenges using working code.
The Application Architect looks for ways to break down complexity, and to allow teams to work in parallel.
What You'll Do:
- Solve the toughest technical challenges in the Supply Chain ecosystem by creating multiple designs that are proven with working code.
- Breakdown the application into services based on your understanding of the domain
- Design a transactional database for a multi-tenant SaaS application that can scale.
- Develop design patterns and coding standards as means to codify best practices
- Spread best practices and hand-off your designs through working-code, mentoring, and documentation.
- Point out risks and issues during implementation, and catalog and prioritize technical-debt/enablers
What You'll Need:
- Passion for building the highest-quality software; building in quality from the start
- Flexibility to move quickly with a startup; stay a sprint or two ahead of the teams
- Extensive experience working on production-level code for complex, multi-tenant SaaS applications
- Drive to create a reliable and maintainable application using automation and 12-factor app principles
- Appreciation of a test-driven and code-review culture
- Previous startup experience
- Previous logistics or supply chain experience
- Experience with Heroku and CircleCI
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Eligibility
- Flexible Parental Leave
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The STORD company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At STORD you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited, flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Gym reimbursement program
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Lunches
- Ping Pong! 🏓
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.