# About Stone
Stone is the leading provider of financial technology solutions that empower merchants to conduct commerce seamlessly across in-store, online, and mobile channels.
The Idea for Stone.Co. was born in 2012. At the time, the merchant acquiring market was still a duopoly dominated by two payment processing companies owned by the country’s largest banks. Entrepreneurs suffered tremendously from high prices charged by the incumbents and the lack of technology solutions.
Our response was to take a different path: build a business from scratch, aimed at truly serving merchants’ needs, by providing them with modern solutions, at fair prices, with a great overall experience.
Since then, we’ve managed to grow from a small startup to the largest independent merchant acquirer in Brazil, with more than 450 thousand clients, while maintaining high-quality service. Today, we are a group of 6000 passionate entrepreneurs with relentless energy to serve the paramount reason for our existence: our clients.
We strongly believe that our client deserves having all their needs met in a simple end-to-end solution in a few seconds. Therefore, we invest heavily on banking and credit services while continuing to expand our software portfolio, which includes products for companies of all sizes and segments.
# About Financial Planning Team
Our team plays a major role in examining, analyzing and evaluating the whole corporation, overseeing a broad array of financial affairs through both quantitative and qualitative lenses. Therefore, we are charged with the company’s budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes. Our utmost objective is to guarantee long-term growth by mapping out future goals and plans and assure that company’s current assets and investments are the best use of the excess working capital.
- Work closely with several B.U.’s leaders, actively participating in major strategic meetings; suggest and create financial action plans;
- In-depth financial reports of both the industry, tracking major market and regulatory trends, and within the company (mainly strategic, peoples, processes & systems);
- Financial modelling, including forecasting, scenario creations & B.U.’s valuation;
- Oversee the scheduling and management of the B.U.’s annual budgeting, working to ensure that the forecasts are challenging yet achievable, and post-audit against them;
# Qualifications & Required Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Economics or equivalent practical experience;
- Prior financial planning and strategizing experience is preferred;
- Strong modelling and analytical skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to deliver projects to a very high level of quality and rigor; high tolerance for ambiguity and change;
- Great leadership and people skills: ability to take charge, set objectives, drive to results while building long-term relationships across organizational boundaries with all levels of seniority;
- Solid computational skills;
- Advanced Excel is a must;
- Fluency in English