Job title: Head of Global Field Operations and Training
Job Type: Permanent, full time
Reporting to: President Global Operations
Location: London, Chiswick with international travel 25%
Drive operational excellence across the Field Operations and Training teams, with a relentless focus on high quality performance to ensure best in class client engagement and strong STEM advocacy. This is a critical role in the operational structure to partner across multiple stakeholders and deliver excellence in all aspects of our Field Operations.
- Ensure all projects are delivered to the highest standard with best-in-class quality, great team engagement and a focus on supporting the final presentation – great data to give great insights.
- Maintain a high focus on the evolution of the Fieldworker roles to ensure high levels of engagement around the world with a motivated and focussed team.
- Maintain a high focus on efficiency and productivity metrics to ensure commercial objectives are well supported and any capacity risks are communicated in a timely manner.
- Be a leader and role model for Operational team, ensuring the Field Ops Team is seen as a key partner in the delivery of projects, client engagement and business performance.
- Direct line management for a team of Project Coordination Managers.
Experience and knowledge required:
- Be knowledgeable and experienced in Field Operations leadership role with a strong focus on line management and a clear understanding of Field Ops responsibilities.
- Provide oversight/leadership of the on-boarding process for new members of the Field worker, Training and Project Co-ordination teams around the world.
- Support Global Operation with extra activities to get exposure to the broader organisation
- Ensure training is designed, developed and delivered (in line with the development plan) to upskill FW capabilities with a heavy focus on quality.
- Provide coaching and performance feedback to Management Team – ensure strong engagement across team irrespective of status (freelance or FTE)
- Ensure the Managers' initiatives and work are aligned to the company's goals and work in the most efficient way
- Ensure efficiency in all countries for all process [ Forecast, Field work management, field work co-ordination] – reporting clear metrics and presenting status at operational meetings and QBR's.
- Deliver improvement activities and support the launch of new IT capabilities in support of efficiency and best practice processes.
- Create processes and guidelines that will enhance the team's ways of working with other roles across key commercial stakeholders and the Operational leadership team.
- Ensure tools are developed and rolled out that are required by the Field Ops and Training teams to run projects to a high standard.
- Manage resources & lead selection and recruitment processes for all team members.
- Develop and execute training capabilities which are updated and delivered to a high standard to ensure any and all customer engagement is managed to the highest standard.
- Support President of Operations in overseeing specific improvement workstreams related to the operational efficiency and people development growth enablers, building a confident, competent and supported workforce that owns their own development
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organisation values (Honest, Practical/ Caring/ Brave/ Performance Driven/ Customer Focussed)
The ideal candidate will be:
- Mastery of Field Operations and Training with a strong focus on passion for quality and people engagement.
- An excellent communicator with strong presentation and influencing skills
- Able to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously through excellent organization and coordination skills
- Ability to network at high levels, both with clients and within STEM leadership, and maintain high levels of credibility across Operational teams.
- Ability to think strategically to develop new ideas/concepts, and ability to execute efficiently and to bring those ideas/concepts to life
- Gravitas, and interpersonal awareness to interact, advice, challenge and deliver solutions
- Sound and well-grounded judgement balanced by an entrepreneurial spirit
- Create and maintain a culture of success and be outcome focussed
- Can get "in the weeds" as well as pull back to "see the big picture"
- Strong learning agility to adapt to rapid change and new situations
- Ability to give and receive feedback effectively
- A "doer" and a "leader"
Find us here:
STEM Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. STEM Healthcare will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re- assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. STEM Healthcare only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.