Account Manager (UK)
At Sponge, we absolutely love our clients. Every day we get to work with extraordinary global brands to challenge the norm, push the boundaries of creativity and deliver digital learning experiences that motivate and inspire. We solve their biggest challenges through their people and deliver the results their business needs to see.
Our group aspiration is to establish a major new force in the learning technology market, and as an experienced, highly successful corporate Account Manager, that’s where you come in… to contribute to our fast-paced business growth, to ensure we are reputationally and financially succeeding with our existing strategic clients, and above all to enable us to continue to deliver excellence at every opportunity.
In the role of Account Manager here at Sponge, you’ll use your strategic account planning and execution expertise to ensure success is planned, aligned and purposeful. Your consistent achievement of sales targets will ensure year-on-year revenue growth is achieved for the business, your account team and for you personally. You’ll take ownership of bid and proposal processes ensuring they are delivered to a high quality and you’ll actively win new business within your account portfolio, all the time guaranteeing our clients receive a collaborative service throughout the sales process. Your commercial acumen and ability to build relationships will ensure Sponge and our strategic accounts are viewed as win-win for both parties every time.
We’re looking for a passionate, creative-thinking business sales individual who can:
- Maintain a focus on agreed strategic clients
- Build deep and sustainable relationships with key stakeholders in strategic accounts
- Collaborate effectively with internal teams to ensure client success
- Ensure year-on-year revenue growth is achieved, across our broad range of service offerings and products
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment delivering to tight deadlines
- Spot opportunities for innovation
Desired skills, attributes, and experience:
- A demonstrable B2B sales track record (2yrs +)
- Experience within L&D, consultancy, business, or technical services (ideally)
- A proven, structured approach to account development
- A renowned relationship builder (internal and external)
- Endless energy, and passion for client partnerships
- Proactive and accountable
- The ability to define winning solutions aligned to customer challenges
- Remains focused on mutual benefits
- A real focus on quality output
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. You’ll join a forward-thinking company focused on success and growing our people, and a sales team with a big challenge, a determined attitude and a supportive environment.
Location...Avoid that commute and bring back a work life balance! Remote and flexible working options available. You will preferably be located within easy commutable distance to any of our offices for occasional face to face collaboration and/or team meet ups. We currently have offices in Europe and the UK - in Berlin, Plymouth, Bristol, Glasgow, and Edinburgh.
Salary and benefits...We have an array of benefits which include workplace pension, remote and flexible working, life assurance, a day off for your birthday, and are offering a highly competitive salary and commission structure for this role.
Next step...Simply send us your CV and cover letter telling us about ‘your proudest moment in sales so far’.