About the Team
As a member of Sovrn’s Commerce Demand team, you will work closely with key Merchants to help develop deep strategic relationships and explore opportunities to grow the partnership.
About the Job
The Director of Business Development is a pivotal position to the future success of Sovrn. This is an opportunity for someone to make an impact on the bottom line and help shape our strategy by enabling merchants to navigate the upcoming changes in the affiliate marketing and advertising industry. You will be working closely with a global team of colleagues across the Sovrn Commerce business to help guide our efforts for growth in the US and UK.
What you will be doing:
- Become a key strategic partner to top tier merchants (ie brands, advertisers, affiliates, eCommerce companies)
- Identify opportunities to align our current or potential product offerings with the goals and themes of top merchants.
- Become an expert in product offerings so that you can lead key conversations to answer any and all questions and instill confidence in our products
- Invest focused time with merchants on specific business topics to learn, understand, and inform our market approach
- Inform Market Development and Product development on themes, trends and opportunities from your conversations
- Create a “Network Effect” through your approach by becoming a partner that top merchants trust, grow, respect, and learn from
- Create a close partnership with Market Development through key market feedback loops that inform product decisions
- Establish a set of key KPIs that will provide insight into the overall value and success of your work
- Play a key leadership role on the team, collaborating with your peers to improve our products, market approach, and product growth
You possess strong sales skills and bring experience in both generating new business and developing lasting relationships within the affiliate marketing sector. You strive to exceed revenue targets through active selling, product implementation and managing expectations for new and existing clients. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- Professional work experience in sales, sales leadership, key accounts, and key partnership growth preferred
- Deep knowledge of the affiliate marketing industry as well as good adtech knowledge
- Entrepreneurial and curious
- Driven to help find growth opportunity
- Track record building new clients and then managing them well
- Picks up technical product understanding easily
- High emotional intelligence
- Data and results driven
- Attention to detail and ability to process information quickly and accurately
- Internet savvy with a strong proficiency in office productivity tools (Gmail, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Confluence/JIRA, Salesforce CRM)
- Must be able to work and communicate in a concise manner across the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent listening skills and the ability to adjust to the personalities of various partners
- Strong project management, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to multitask with effective resolution management in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Ability to design and articulate solutions for customers challenges
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
- Experience working in the Affiliate Space
- Experience as a leader in the Affiliate business
This position reports to: Vice President, Global Demand & Partnerships
Location: New York, NY or San Francisco, California
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.