About the Job
Sovrn is looking for an exceptional writer and communicator to join our Marketing team as a Senior Content Marketing Manager. This role requires a collaborative, organized, flexible, quick learner who can manage multiple projects as well as work with cross-functional teams. You’ll have a proven understanding of the content marketing landscape and best practices. You’ll understand the importance of knowing your audience, what resonates with them, and how to distill complex ideas into compelling content.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing content experiences that increase awareness, attract new visitors, speak to users, and engage partners
- Establish Sovrn as an authoritative, trusted source for information about publisher advertising and affiliate marketing
- Owning our content calendar in collaboration with the rest of the team, then helping to execute against that plan
- Working with the Customer Success team to create new ways to tell Sovrn customer stories that go beyond traditional case studies
- Writing, commissioning, and editing great, engaging content that supports our marketing and sales objectives
- Monitoring the performance of our content to understand our audience, their interests, and our growth channels to further optimize our content marketing efforts
- Owning and growing our customer newsletter presence
- Working with Product Marketing and Demand Generation teams on assets and promotion strategies for upcoming campaigns—like emails, landing pages, and even social campaigns.
- Effectively communicating the benefits of Sovrn products and connect them to key messaging themes in brand-level marketing content for both new and existing customers
- Creating short-form and long-form content in a variety of formats (white papers, infographics, blog posts, videos, etc) and for multiple distribution channels (website, demand generation campaigns, social media, and more).
- Working closely with product marketing, demand generation, product management, communications, and sales leaders to create content that’s valuable to our audiences and keeps them coming back to Sovrn for more.
You learn like it’s your job—because it is. You ask questions, and you don’t settle for unsatisfying answers. When you come across a problem, you devise a solution, and then you start working on a back-up solution that anticipates future problems. You’re comfortable collaborating with—and seeking out—everyone from graphic designers to data engineers, because you know that there’s insight to be found everywhere. Above all, you’re not afraid to take responsibility for guiding your projects from start to finish.
A successful candidate has:
- Demonstrable experience and success in content creation and content development, ideally in a sales tech or SaaS environment
- Experience using video—created both in-house and through agencies—to tell marketing stories
- Strong knowledge of the digital marketing landscape and emerging technologies and trends, especially in the social and mobile space as it relates to content
- Experience delivering compelling, specific messaging for each stage of the buyer journey, creating an engaging customer experience as part of a broader engagement plan
- Strong ability to build relationships with team members at all levels, along with effective interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated strength in strategic approach to content (you’re more than just a great writer)
- Experience working across multiple content management systems (Wordpress, Hubspot)
- Exceptional writing skills
- A self-starter that will take the initiative to find new projects and continue to hone your skills
- You are collaborative, curious, and always looking for ways to help others
- Exceptional project management and organization skills, with a keen eye for detail
- A strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, communications, or business, or equivalent experience preferred
Nice to have:
- Hubspot experience
- SEO experience and strategy
- Understanding of MarTech and AdTech industry
- Google Analytics experience
This position reports to: VP, Marketing
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $80,000 - $100,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.