About the Team
We are a small and extremely hard working team that understands the importance of selling, but knows when to pump the breaks. We hold our relationships with buyers second to none and pride ourselves on our ability to keep our clients extremely happy. We collaborate. We sell. We close. Since we live on the emerging edge of what’s possible, our team is made up of people who love to learn.
About the Job
The Sales Manager is a pivotal position to the future success of Sovrn. As an integral part of our sales team, you are managing a small but growing team of sales professionals. This team primarily focused on the Data business, targeting new data, audience and linkage clients. This is an opportunity for someone to make an impact on the bottom line and learn the data and ad-tech industry.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for managing SDR’s and AE’s on the Data team
- New Clients - set your SDR’s and AE’s up to exceed sales targets on new customer identification, qualification, integration and contracting
- Manage new business pipeline and forecasting in SalesForce CRM
- Ensure sales team meets or exceeds new customer revenue targets each quarter
- Work with product marketing and marketing to drive new inbound leads
- Data Product Delivery
- Work with Data Science and Data Delivery engineers to deliver our product
- Deliver client feedback on Prospecting/Qualifying and Closing Opportunities
- Deliver client product feedback to the Data product management team
- Integrations and Reporting
- Work with Data Sales engineer to improve the implementation and integration processes new data buyers
- Manage contracting processes
- Manage Transition of new buyers after on-boarding to the Data AM team
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You are highly coachable while being able to work autonomously. Communication and customer service are your strongest traits. You recognize and act on opportunities to be proactive when supporting clients. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; or equivalent professional working experience
- Track record managing existing clients
- Interest or experience in the digital data ecosystem
- Troubleshooting skills to facilitate management and data reporting for customers
- Attention to detail and ability to process information quickly and accurately
- Internet savvy with a strong proficiency in office productivity tools (Gmail, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Confluence/JIRA, Salesforce CRM)
- Understand and ability to navigate BI reporting tools such as Tableau, Grafana, Looker, and Metamarkets
- Must be able to work and communicate in a concise manner across the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent listening skills and the ability to adjust to the personalities of various partners
- Strong project management, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to multitask with effective resolution management in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Ability to design and articulate solutions for customers challenges
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
- Must be able to confidently make decisions on behalf of the team for areas of responsibility
- Minimum 1 year Sales Management experience
- Understanding of cookies, hashed emails, mobile advertising IDs and use cases
- Basic knowledge of the online advertising and Data industry
This position reports to: VP, Data
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $100,000 to $140,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.