About the Team
The FP&A team contributes to Sovrn by driving planning, forecasting, and curiosity-driven analysis, while partnering with multiple stakeholders to foster timely, insightful decision-making across the business. We love to experiment and try new things, always bringing a sense of humor to work.
About the Job
This is not your typical finance position. At Sovrn, the role of finance is a true partnership with leaders to drive the decision making process to enhance the quality of FP&A through supporting business and revenue analysis, performance forecasting and reporting. You will identify business drivers with management to update and build financial models that fuel operating and investment decisions.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Ownership of Weekly and Monthly performance analysis and reporting processes, specifically weekly revenue forecast
- Ownership of long-range financial model, including updating data, automation of related workflows, and making improvements
- Support quarterly budgeting and strategic planning process in gathering market information, collecting management input, and related tasks within the financial statement forecast model
- Formulate and lead strategic projects focused on (1) Analysis of Supply/Demand performance trends and business drivers (2) Long term forecasting of both revenue and expense items, and (3) workflow automation and process improvement
- Partner with other internal teams to assist leadership in analysis of performance, scenario modeling, and forecasting
You love diving deep into complex problems, leveraging your understanding of the business and analytical skills to conceive and implement robust models that forecast performance, dissect business drivers, and improve operational efficiency. You’re probably a spreadsheet savant. You have a track record of thriving in dynamic, fast-moving growth business environments. Learning and adding value through the use of data and analysis are what make you tick.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3-5+ years of experience in corporate finance, investment banking, private equity, or consulting
- Candidates are required to be highly analytical with demonstrated attention to detail
- Highly experienced with key business financial statements and a three-statement model
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, mathematics, statistics, business administration or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation
- Ideal candidates will either have experience querying and analyzing data using SQL (or equivalent querying language) or strong FP&A experience with demonstrated aptitude for learning data systems
- Highly proficient with MS Excel
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and possess a high level of intellectual curiosity with a focus on generating results
- Demonstrate the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
- Must be able to work and communicate across the organization to obtain and understand data and stakeholders’ perspectives
- Proactively review current procedures and confidently make recommendations for improvements with consideration to internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated accountability for agreed upon deliverables and timetables
- Must possess the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times as this position will be exposed to highly sensitive and restricted information
- Proficient with building things in Looker
- Multi-layered scenario planning and ad hoc analysis
- Experience or exposure in forecasting trends in industries with high volatility and seasonality
This position reports to: Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $85,000 to $115,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.