Through our publishers, Sovrn Holdings reaches over 200 million people every day, generating over 10 billion HTTP requests daily. These requests must be processed in less than 250 milliseconds, and result in several petabytes of data on a monthly basis. The exciting technical problems we solve require a world class team and engineering culture to deliver against our mission.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be primarily responsible to help the team with the design, implementation of our core products; you will be learning to work in a highly mature agile environment to create the best software possible.
- Work closely with more senior engineers for mentorship on new technologies and the craft of delivering high-quality code.
- Capable of solving problems and issues found in our systems.
- Work closely with more senior engineers to understand product/feature requirements, write quality code based on best practice, follow Sovrn engineering process, and deliver on commitments.
- Assist in customer support when needed.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Efficient with HTML/CSS
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Comfortable with Unix operating systems and the command line environment
- Interest in technologies such as React.js or TypeScript
- Appreciation for a test-driven, code review culture
- Ability to clearly communicate software design to different tiers of the organization
- Demonstrates the ability to keep current with emerging technology trends and research
- Strong desire to expand and improve your leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize and strategically work through tasks with appropriate and dedicated urgency
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
- Proactively communicate issues, mistakes, concerns and brainstorm resolutions with pertinent stakeholders as needed
- Continuously mentors and provides the team with constructive feedback to help their professional growth
- Appropriately delegates tasks as needed while holding team members accountable
Position Reports to: Manager, Software Engineering
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer