About the Team
We are a small team that emphasizes on moving fast and delivering impactful products through technical excellence. Our tech stack varies from a highly scalable and available architecture, processing more than 10K API requests per second, to big data processing and data analytics with 1.5B events per day. The team is focused on building out the next generation of eCommerce products to serve publishers on the Web with cutting-edge technologies and algorithms including advanced implementations of Cassandra, Kafka, Spark and Natural Language Processing (NLP), among many others.
About the Job
Our Commerce team works on our core suite of products and scales our infrastructure to meet increasing demands of new traffic. You will get to work on products that millions of users view and interact with on a daily basis. There will be lots of opportunities to grow in technical leadership and gain experience and exposure across our advanced tech stack, as well as drive initiatives to improve the business and platform.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Data Engineering/Systems development using Spark, Kafka and AWS data pipelines
- Design and build scalable data pipelines that make use of cutting edge technologies to process billions of events per day
- Architect and build next-generation infrastructure to support robust and efficient pipelines
- Lead projects across large volumes of code, with multiple branches, formal integration procedures and test cycles
- Contribute software engineering best practices and technical excellence through code reviews and mentorship of junior engineers
- Demonstrate end-to-end ownership of projects and initiatives
You are a self starter and able to get the job done without micro management. You enjoy being part of a collaborative team but are also independent in terms of getting things done. You love technical challenges and solving problems all while striving to make better software and products.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years significant experience as a data engineer in a formal product development environment
- Advanced knowledge and experience in designing and performing data manipulation on both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Extensive experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ real-time and batch data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience in architecting, driving technology adoption and best practices of big data platforms
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: AWS, Spark, Kafka, Data Warehouse technical architectures (Redshift), EMR
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in an analytical area such as computer science, physics, mathematics, statistics, or engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in the ecommerce, web analytics, search, and cloud computing space
Position Reports to: Manager, Engineering
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!