The SoundHound Finance team seeks an accomplished professional to lead its Accounting organization. The role of Director of Accounting reports to SoundHound’s VP of Finance & Administration, and is responsible for managing the month-end close, inter-company accounting and consolidations, internal and external financial reporting, internal controls management, annual audits, development of policies and procedures, documentation, and implementation. The ideal individual operates as both a team manager and hands-on technical expert. This leader will mentor and guide a small, high-performing accounting team to continuing outperformance in support of the company’s growth.
SoundHound Inc. is at an inflection point in our 15-year history. With teams, customers, and end users all over the world, we face an unprecedented and ambitious challenge: scaling an independent Voice AI globally. The Director is crucial to our success in this mission, by ensuring SoundHound has the proper systems, policies, processes, internal controls and people in place to scale and expand our global reach.
In this role you will:
- Oversee all corporate accounting functions including revenue, inter-company accounting, consolidations, GL, AP, AR/billing, payroll, financial reporting, financial systems, and insurance.
- Manage, develop, and retain accounting team members capable of effectively contributing to business growth and working with a company-first mentality.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to financial and accounting policies, procedures, and systems to streamline and support growth. Ensure policies, procedures and systems are based on accounting best practices to provide assurance that company assets are protected.
- Manage the monthly/quarterly close and related reporting and analysis. Consistently deliver accurate financial reports on time, in compliance with company policies and US GAAP.
- Document revenue recognition memos to support revenue accounting treatment in accordance with ASC 606.
- Liaise with BPM regarding Federal and state tax filings, including income and property taxes.
- Liaise with Crowe (UK and China) regarding international accounting and tax/VAT matters.
- Liaise with Armanino (equity management) regarding stock administration matters.
- Assist with domestic and international banking and treasury functions.
We would love to hear from you if:
- 12+ years of combined experience in public and private accounting. Private accounting experience ideally in publicly traded and privately held companies. Experience in companies, especially software companies, with an international footprint is a big plus.
- 4+ years of experience as a direct team manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or similar. An active CPA license is required.
- Technical understanding of US GAAP required with emphasis on revenue recognition, stock-based compensation and foreign currency matters.
- Recent NetSuite OneWorld experience is a plus, experience as an Administrator is even better
- Time tracking for engineers/operations
- Experience with international transfer pricing agreements and the corresponding accounting.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and proactively. A strong sense of urgency to drive high quality work product with impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to think systematically and analytically to gain insight into business performance. Experienced and skilled in change management.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication/presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across all levels and functions.
- Experience in a fast-paced unstructured start-up environment is preferable.
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits of employment.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!