SoundHound Inc. builds voice AI products that make it easier for people to engage with the world around them. We do this by creating custom voice assistants that allow companies to extend their brand in new and meaningful ways. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
This role requires native-level proficiency speaking Norwegian, and an interest in NLU (Natural Language Understanding) but does not require prior NLU experience. You will be learning and using the most advanced technologies in the fields of Natural Language Understanding, Speech, Search, and AI, all built in-house here at SoundHound, Inc. We’ve worked hard to build a platform that enables individual developers to implement deep natural language user experiences very rapidly, often within days. You’ll be part of a highly collaborative internationally dispersed team and your work will directly contribute to a revolution in the way people interact with the devices around them: by speaking naturally.
In this role you will:
- Simultaneously leverage your coding skills and your knowledge of the Norwegian language
- Develop Conversational AI leveraging a powerful domain-oriented development paradigm
- Implement and scale core code base, solving both algorithmic and design challenges
- Write code that interacts with third-party API’s
- Collaborate closely with engineers working on NLU for other languages
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have excellent coding skills in C++ and at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, LUA, bash, etc)
- You have experience designing efficient architectures, algorithms, and interfaces
- You enjoy working on hard open-ended challenges, and improving existing solutions
- You’re comfortable working in a Linux environment
- You have a BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
We’d be especially excited to hear from you if you are already familiar with voice recognition, have experience manipulating and conditioning large amounts of data, or have worked extensively with text relevance algorithms. Proficiency with additional spoken languages beyond Norwegian and English is also a plus.
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits of employment.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!