We are looking for an exceptional Office Assistant/ Food Service Coordinator to join our team at our Headquarters in Santa Clara. Your role is to create and maintain a first-class work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, and safety.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with many teams across SoundHound to cultivate a collaborative, friendly and fun work environment that fosters innovation and productivity.
The ideal candidate is friendly, fun, flexible, and has an energetic and infectious personality with excellent customer service skills. You have strong attention to detail, always ready and willing to help out, and have no problem being highly visible at the company level, you love to interact with members of all levels of the organization, as well as vendors and guests! This role will be heavily focused on coordinating the food service/catering for our HQ office, experience in food coordination/planning is strongly preferred.
We offer a competitive compensation package, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to be part of a company that’s simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Greet all visitors and staff with a welcoming smile and friendly demeanor
- Respond to staff requests and emails
- Organize and place orders for all catered lunches and Happy Hours
- Setup and monitor lunches and happy hours
- Administer office snack program
- Maintain the pantry organization and stocking
- Coordinate food for conference meetings, board meetings, and special requests from upper management
- Provide monthly birthday celebrations
- Manage all food vendor relations
- Track and follow a budget
- Order gift deliveries such as flowers, baby announcements, etc.
- Assist with property inspections
- Other tasks as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- Catering knowledge and experience with a midsize company.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of office assistant responsibilities, systems, and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency to drive results.
SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
SoundHound Inc. is creating and productizing transformative technologies that turn sound into understanding and actionable meaning.
We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging 'connected' world. Our latest product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning technology to showcase a ground-breaking smartphone experience. Our SoundHound product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. And through the Houndify platform, we empower developers to be part of the speech-to- meaning revolution.
Mission: Houndify everything.