Language Data Specialist/Project Manager
- Full time: Onsite in Berlin, Paris or the Hague and encompasses of all the work in the job posting
We are looking for someone who loves languages, data and technology, and has experience working with data evaluation/annotation and resource vendors. As a key contributor to the Data Programs team, you will work on European Spanish language quality and translations projects, and provide project coordination support by working across teams and establishing metrics, driving operational best practices, and tracking/reporting status.
We validate voice recordings used to train our speech and language models, contributing phonetic and other linguistic input. Example projects include validating speech training data, working on our pronunciation dictionaries, phonetic transcriptions, data curation for ASR, and other work required to support the training of all our models.
You Must Be:
- Eligible to work in the EU and proficient in English
- Native and fluent in European Spanish (written, verbal and grammar)
- Experienced working as data evaluator/annotator and/or successfully managing language data programs
- Trained in language studies and/or have a language degree or have a degree in Linguistics (or equivalent experience)
- Extremely focused and enjoy completing detailed, repetitive data quality verification tasks daily, at a very high quality level
- Skilled in defining, driving and tracking successful outcomes for cross team projects
- Self-directed at coordinating with peers/management, and able to keep a pulse on priorities and progress
- Hands-on and excited to roll up your sleeves to do the work in order to get first-hand exposure to the tools, processes and workflows that your team handles on a daily basis
- Accountable. You take 100% ownership and approach every task with an extremely high attention to detail and follow through
It’s Beneficial If You:
- Have experience working with speech and/or natural language understanding
- Effective collaborating with software engineering teams, and coordinating efforts across multiple team locations
- Have hands-on technical skills (SQL, Unix, Python, etc)
- Have advanced project management/coordination experience
- Have people management and mentorship experience
- Submit a cover letter
SoundHound Inc. turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning. We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, and every other part of the emerging ‘connected’ world. Our consumer product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning™ and Deep Meaning Understanding™ technologies to create a groundbreaking smartphone experience, and is the first product to build on the Houndify platform. Our SoundHound product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. Through the Houndify platform and Collective AI, we aim to bring voice-enabled AI to everyone and enable others to build on top of it. Our mission: Houndify everything.