About the Role:
You will work closely with our existing management team to lead our engineering teams to execute on tasks and projects, syncing up regularly with engineers and managers. You will be invested in the engineering effort to solve the problems that face our business, driving these engineering projects to success.
You will be joining a deeply technical culture. Our existing management team consists of hands-on coders all the way up to the CEO level. We expect you to be deeply technical as well, so this is an ideal role for an accomplished hands-on engineer who is excited by the challenge of helping us evolve our current organizational structure into something more scalable while proactively advocating for the things that make engineers love coming to work every day.
- Manage roadmaps, incoming requests, risks, and priorities of engineering teams
- Facilitate deep dives on key architectural decisions, taking into account trade-offs and risk-mitigation
- Ensure that issues are tracked and receive appropriate follow-up
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, business development, product and project teams to ensure deliveries are on-time
- Hands-on experience as a software engineer and extensive experience as a Product, Program, or Engineering manager
- Solid foundational knowledge of client-server applications
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to ensure items don't “fall through the cracks”
- Excellent people skills, ability to establish credibility and get things done
- BS in CS/EE or equivalent experience
Nice to haves:
- Track record of building highly-scalable, complex server-side engineering systems
- Familiarity with issue-tracking systems like JIRA
- Prior start-up experience
- Exposure to audio, speech, mobile, and related technologies
How to apply:
Please include a resume and a cover letter letting us know why you'd like to work at SoundHound in particular!
SoundHound Inc. turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning.
We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging 'connected' world. Our latest product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning technology to showcase a ground-breaking smartphone experience. Our SoundHound product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. And through the Houndify platform, we empower developers to be part of the speech-to-meaning revolution.
Mission: Houndify everything.