We are looking for someone who loves languages, data and technology, is proficient in English and has experience managing all aspects of data, resource and projects operations. As a key contributor to the Data Programs team, you will supervise and mentor staff, establish metrics, create operational best practices, track/report status for our language data projects and drive continued growth of our rockstar team!
We validate voice recordings used to train our speech and language models, contributing phonetic and other linguistic input. Example projects include validating speech training data, working on our pronunciation dictionaries, phonetic transcriptions, data curation for ASR, and other work required to support the training of all our models.
You Must Be:
- Eligible to work in the Santa Clara, Berlin or Paris and proficient in English
- Experienced in successfully managing and growing data and resource intensive teams (onsite and remote)
- An experienced and successful direct hiring manager and mentor for a 10-20 person team (onsite and remote)
- Effective collaborating with software engineering teams, and coordinating efforts across multiple team locations
- Self-directed at coordinating with peers/management, and able to keep a pulse on priorities and progress
- Hands-on and excited to roll up your sleeves to do the work in order to get first-hand exposure to the tools, processes and workflows that your team handles on a daily basis
- Accountable. You take 100% ownership and approach every task with an extremely high attention to detail and follow through
It’s Beneficial If You:
- Have experience working with speech and/or natural language understanding
- Have experience as a data evaluator or have worked with training data for machine learning
- Have prior QA experience and/or hands-on technical skills (SQL, Unix, Python, etc)
- Have advanced project management/coordination experience
- Have experience on-boarding, managing, and developing strategic relationships with vendors or partners
- Submit a cover letter
SoundHound Inc. turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning. We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, and every other part of the emerging ‘connected’ world. Our consumer product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning™ and Deep Meaning Understanding™ technologies to create a groundbreaking smartphone experience, and is the first product to build on the Houndify platform. Our SoundHound product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. Through the Houndify platform and Collective AI, we aim to bring voice-enabled AI to everyone and enable others to build on top of it. Our mission: Houndify everything.