At SoundHound Inc., we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, we’re trusted by top brands around the globe. Houndify, our independent Voice AI platform, with 70,000+ users, allows brands to create custom voice assistants that deliver results with unprecedented speed and accuracy.
Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. We’re making that a reality through our SoundHound music discovery app and Hound voice assistant and through our strategic partnerships with brands like Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Deutsche Telekom, and Pandora. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
Our diverse team of engineers, UX/UI designers, writers, data scientists and linguists are all passionate about creating a world with more conversations. With more than 14 years of expertise in voice technology, we have hundreds of millions of end users, and a worldwide team in six countries building solutions for a voice-first world.
The successful recruiter understands this mission requires determination, resourcefulness, and a sense of humor. They have a deep understanding of the requirements for each role, take ownership, hold themselves accountable, and last but not least, are fully aware that their role revolves around forging relationships with people. We think you should relish in the hunt, and want you to take personal pride in your contributions to the company’s successes.
The Senior Technical Recruiter for our Tokyo office needs to work autonomously, but will have the full support of your fellow Recruitment Team at HQ in Santa Clara, CA. Your focus will be on driving local recruitment strategies in Japan to generate candidate pipeline, facilitating cross-pacific interviews, and closing of candidates. This is a great opportunity to be part of a team focused on making an impact on the business.
- Lead the end-to-end recruitment process with assigned client groups.
- Develop sourcing strategies to attract candidates through all available methods; web sourcing, networking, internal employee referrals.
- Review resumes, screen candidates, drive the tech phone interview and onsite interview process.
- Be a subject matter expert in the recruitment process, HR related matters, compensation and immigration.
- Partner with Hiring Managers and provide consultation throughout the interview evaluation process and the offer process.
- Ensure proper record tracking and process documentation in the Applicant Tracking System.
- Participate in process improvement projects with the broader Talent Acquisition team.
- 5+ years full cycle recruiting experience working in a medium to high volume, high hiring bar environment. 3+ years experience recruiting for technical talent.
- Skilled at partnering with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing strategies. Ability to manage client expectations.
- Strong full life cycle recruiting skills with a track record of implementing innovative and effective strategies for sourcing passive candidates. Expert-level sourcing using LinkedIn. Experience using social channels to drive candidate pipeline.
- Strong attention to details, responsive follow up, exceptional analytical and process management skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication. Must be fluent in Japanese, and have professional proficiency in English.
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with both candidates and hiring managers.
- Expertise in one or more applicant tracking systems (Greenhouse a plus!)
- Positive, can-do attitude!
SoundHound Inc. turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning.
We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging 'connected' world. Our latest product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning technology to showcase a ground-breaking smartphone experience. Our SoundHound product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. And through the Houndify platform, we empower developers to be part of the speech-to-meaning revolution.
Mission: Houndify everything.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company that’s simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines, home. Yep, it's that cool.