About the Role:
You will work closely with our existing management team to execute on tasks and projects with our engineering teams, syncing up regularly with engineers and managers to ensure on-track delivery of projects. You will also drive regular coordination with other teams (product/design, client-side engineering, sales & marketing) and external partners.
You will be joining a deeply technical culture. Our existing management team consists of hands-on coders all the way up to the CEO level. We expect you to be deeply technical as well, so this is an ideal role for someone who is excited by the challenge of helping us evolve our current organizational structure into something more scalable while proactively advocating for the things that make engineers love coming to work every day.
We are looking across all ranges of experience, from less than one year to a seasoned engineer with many years of project or program management under their belt.
- Coordinate timelines, identify risks, and convey priorities to engineers and their managers
- Facilitate deep dives on key architectural decisions, taking into account trade-offs and risk-mitigation
- Clearly communicate goals and status updates to project stakeholders
- Ensure that issues are tracked and receive appropriate follow-up
- Work cross-functionally with product management, sales, marketing, and external partners to ensure projects are delivered on-time
- Solid foundational knowledge of client-server applications
- Awareness of common engineering pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Ability to prioritize what's really important in fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to ensure items don't “fall through the cracks” while working on multiple projects
- Excellent people skills, ability to establish credibility and get things done
- BS in CS/EE or equivalent experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience interfacing with non-technical teams and external partners
- Familiarity with issue-tracking systems like JIRA
- Prior start-up experience
- Exposure to audio, search, mobile, and related technologies
How to apply:
Send us your resume and a cover letter telling us why you'd like a job at SoundHound in particular!
SoundHound Inc. turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning.
We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging 'connected' world. Our latest product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning technology to showcase a ground-breaking smartphone experience. Our SoundHound product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. And through the Houndify platform, we empower developers to be part of the speech-to-meaning revolution.
Mission: Houndify everything.