Houndify is a developer platform that allows its users to integrate voice technology into their applications (Houndify.com). Its users span small startups with two people in a garage to some of the world’s largest companies. The Houndify Product Designer will define the developer platform experience and work with the team to execute the next wave of voice AI innovations.
As the lead Product Designer you will work closely with the Houndify cross-functional teams to help deliver a world-class developer platform which will enable companies and individuals to build innovative Voice/AI applications across numerous platforms and services.
The position requires a seasoned designer who is detail-oriented and can work autonomously while solving complex design problems. Attention to detail and excellent time management skills are paramount, as this role will be responsible for high profile work. You should have the ability to synthesize user personas, analytics, business needs, information architecture, interaction design, and holistically bring it all together with a delightful and intuitive experience.
You will be expected to lead brainstorming sessions, assist during usability research, and effectively communicate your design rationale to cross-functional teams and leadership.
Daily work involves creating end to end wireframe flows using a combination of Sketch, Invision, Principle, and other prototyping tools. You will also design following brand guidelines and contribute to the SoundHound Design System.
The ideal candidate has previous experience working on a developer platform or engineering focused products and services.
- Deep understanding of design thinking and user-centered principles
- Experience working in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to deliver high quality work on a tight schedule
- Experience with VUI and non visual interactions
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and/or other design application
- Conceptualize and brainstorm ideas for new or existing problems
- Create and manage visual and interaction specification documents for engineering
- Meet regularly with Designer Director and Product Managers to give status on projects and address resource concerns
- Excellent time management skills, works to deliver projects on time, mindful of other projects in the roadmap
- Experience working with design systems and component libraries
- 4+ years of experience (or portfolio equivalent) designing features for SaaS: Web based, or platform based (Windows, Mac OS, etc)
- Bachelor's degree or Certificates in Web, Graphic, HCI, Information design, or equivalent work experience
- Portfolio of work demonstrating key achievements within SaaS or other developer tools and platforms
- Proven ability to conceptualize and communicate ideas with design rationale
- A desire to integrate voice as a design interface and a passion for developing uncharted user experiences
- 6+ years experience required, extensive HCI design experience relating to Software as a Solution-oriented products (SaaS)
- Platform design for the Developer audience
- Bachelor's and/or Master’s degree in Web, Graphic, HCI, Information design, or equivalent work experience