Sony Pictures Imageworks is looking for a VFX & Animation Production Accountant!
Benefits per company policy: include healthcare, tuition reimbursement, RRSP's, Sick and Vacation leave, standard increases as applicable
Sony Pictures Imageworks is located on the unceded traditional territory of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations. We are committed to respecting traditional lands, and working with communities towards reconciliation.
Sony Pictures Imageworks is an Academy Award®-winning visual effects and animation studio known for photoreal live-action visual effects, dynamic creature and character animation and full-CG features. Having created visually stunning images for more than 100 live-action and animated productions, the studio is also a leader in technology, developing software and tools that have helped solve industry-wide challenges and deliver spectacular visuals to the big screen.
As the Production Accountant you will be working cross functionally with the (Production) Finance Team, Production, and Sr. Management to successfully complete Animation and VFX projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review weekly Estimated Final Cost (EFC) reporting and artist productivity planning reports for Production and our clients
- Provide proactive, clear, and concise, financial analysis and decision-making support to Production and Sr. management
- Support Producers in the (re-)bidding process of projects
- Assist Producers and production leadership with running (financial) scenarios and other ad hoc analysis as needed
- Provide insights into opportunities and risks on projects
- Prepare month-end reporting (actuals/forecast)
- Additional production finance related accounting functions as needed
- 3+ years of experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Google Suite
- VFX/Animation industry knowledge is an asset, but not required
- Strong analysis/interpretation skills
- Excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced multi-show production environment
- Able to prioritize work and remain detail oriented
- Ability to collaborate with various team members
We value unique perspectives, and want diverse, unique talent to work with us. We encourage candidates from all identities to apply.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.