Sony Pictures Imageworks is located on the unceded traditional territory of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations. We are committed to respecting traditional lands, and working with communities towards reconciliation.
Project based, Full Time
Language in work environment - English
Benefits per company policy: include healthcare, tuition reimbursement, RRSP's, Sick and Vacation leave, standard increases as applicable
Sony Imageworks Vancouver is seeking a Roto Paint Artist!
As a Roto Paint Artist you will be working closely with the Roto Prep Supervisor and show lead, Compositing Supervisors, and Department Coordinators. You will spend your days:
- Generating articulate roto mattes using animation and tracking techniques using silhouette or nuke
- Procedural paint or hand paint to remove markers, rigs and set gak. Cosmetic fixes, plate clean up and extensions.
- Retiming, or transforming footage to match client references, basic split screen composites and precomps
- Troubleshooting to solve creative and technical issues
- Demonstrate excellent painting skills using frame by frame and procedural workflows
- Demonstrate excellent roto skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience using trackers and 3D cameras in roto and paint workflows
- 2+ years of related production experience for feature film or television VFX
- Experience using Nuke in production, including proficiency in Nuke’s 3D environment
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to take direction positively and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities concurrently
Please note that you must be able to provide a demo reel that illustrates your relevant artistic and technical experience that also includes the nuances for this specific role.
We value unique perspectives, and want diverse, unique talent to work with us. We encourage candidates from all identities to apply.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.