Sony Pictures Imageworks is looking for a UX Software Engineer to join our Culver City development team. The position will be part of a team that builds a range of pre-production tools, under the guidance of the Executive Director of Technology of Sony Pictures Animation. The engineer in this role will be primarily responsible for the user experience design and front end implementation of these tools. Applicants must have experience using popular HTML frameworks and be able to showcase their ability to design and implement high quality, robust, and easy to use tools.
- Advanced knowledge of front end development using Angular or similar frameworks.
- Ability to design simple tools that tackle complex workflows.
- Be comfortable in developing back end functionality using Python.
- Proven ability to be part of a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Past work experience in a team environment.
Nice to have:
- An understanding of the animation production process.
- Understanding of apps used in animation like Autodesk Maya, ShotGrid, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Cross platform development including OSX, Linux and Windows.
Who we are:
The Dev Group acts as authors, collaborators and gatekeepers of the Imageworks and Sony Pictures Animation pipeline and software. We work with productions to develop tools and technology that make our images great. Our engineering expertise spans the entire artist workflow, as well as the tools Imageworks uses to manage its assets and track its productions. We have a variety of technical challenges and are looking for individuals from varying backgrounds and expertise to provide diverse voices for creative engineering solutions. The pre-production team focuses on creating tools and technology for the pre-production team and works closely with directors, story, vizdev, editorial and previz artists.
Apply if you are interested in things like:
- Finding ways to simplify a user interface and make it easier to use.
- Working with a creative team that is constantly looking for ways to improve organization and communication across multiple departments.
- Using and learning APIs across multiple applications to automate various time-consuming processes.
- Having an impact on the creative process of animated movies and episodic shows.
We value unique perspectives, and want diverse, unique talent to work with us. We encourage candidates from all identities to apply.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, SPE requires all U.S. non-union applicants and employees to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or to request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accomodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.