As a Senior Manager of Youtube Operations you will be responsible for formulating operational content strategy and for driving the growth including views, subscriptions and revenues from multiple YouTube channels.
What you will do:
- Taking responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the company's YouTube channels with regards to Metadata, Tags, Description etc
- Devising and implementing content strategy, video optimization, subscriber growth and viewership growth for the company's existing and newly created YouTube channels.
- Researching on what content is performing well on YouTube as well as other platforms, to strategize on the content requirement.
- Collaborating with the internal content product teams to ensure a continuous pipeline of content as per programming.
- Developing data-driven recommendations, organizing, and analysing data to form actionable plans.
- Auditing existing channel to uncover short- and long-term recommendations to improve audience engagement and growth metrics.
- Overseeing all written editorials across all videos, channel homepage, community, and any off-site blogging/promotion to ensure consistently excellent standards.
- Working on optimization of channel and video content viz. Titles, tags, descriptions, playlist, thumbnails, homepage, etc.
- Developing creative and effective engagement strategies with the subscriber base for continuous engagement on videos as well as community engagement.
- Liaising with social media team to align their campaigns on YouTube and take leverage.
- Handling claims and dispute on CMS on daily basis. Hands on experience in handling Manual claims.
Who you are:
- Knowledge of YouTube CMS
- 7+ years of experience in content operations and YouTube growth.
- An enthusiastic outlook with the ability to balance talent and organizational structure giving attention to details.
- Proven track record of managing channelwith more than 50 million subscribers and demonstrated ability to grow the channel.
- Experience using SEO/SMM Tools like YouTube Analytics, Google Analytics, VidIQ, Tube buddy, etc.
- Extensive experience working within the YouTube CMS and with YouTube/Google analytics.
- In-depth understanding of audience retention metrics (e.g., Average view duration vs. % completion, watch time).
- Experience leveraging/ implementing In-video programming mechanisms (e.g., link cards and end screens).
- Ability to keep up with the ever-changing YouTube ecosystem and new features.
- Cross-platform Video SEO knowledge and experience.
- Exceptional organizational and follow-through skills, attention to detail, and deadlines.
- Team Management experience.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and determination to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of the Shortvideo/ Entertainment industry is an added bonus.
What we give you:
You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork.
We invest in your professional growth & development.
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.