Ready for your next adventure?!
We are Socialpoint, a world-renowned mobile games studio based in sunny Barcelona. Our games are positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, and they are played and loved by millions of fans all over the world. We are proud members of the Take-Two Interactive family, and we are on a mission to offer a great gaming experience and bring fun to everyone!
Your quest will involve:
As a Site Reliability Engineer, your challenge at Social Point will be to design, implement and operate highly available and scalable platforms on AWS to enable our other teams to create fun for our +2M Daily Active Users (+200K concurrent users).
You’ll be part of a team who believes in infrastructure automation, who loves to measure/log every detail and provides its services on top of new open-source technologies for the business advantage.
If you feel comfortable using and learning from new technologies, we count on you to operate our platform:
- Operate the Infrastructure as Code.
- Configure the service by using configuration managers and container-orchestration.
- Deploy to production by using CI/CD Pipelines.
- Measure/log every detail and improve performance.
- Design and implement usage and security policies, backup strategies while bearing in mind cost efficiency.
- Diagnose problems, find bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and implement those fixes!
- Cross-department collaboration to meet business needs.
To join our Guild you'll need:
- Solid & proven (around 3 years) experience as a Systems Administrator, Systems Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer or similar role.
- Great level of English - Read and written
- Experience managing infrastructure in any Cloud Provider: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure. (AWS preferably).
- Experience managing infrastructure with configuration managers: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, … (Puppet preferably).
- Experience operating and maintaining container-orchestrators and deploying services in container technologies (Kubernetes preferably).
- Experience monitoring and logging systems and services: Grafana, Prometheus, ELK, Datadog.
- Advanced Linux knowledge & scripting skills.
- Advanced developing skills (Preferably Python or Go).
- Advanced networking knowledge.
- Awareness of security best practices.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we have employed a hybrid working from home/office system. So, what does this mean? All we ask is that you live within commuting distance of our office in Barcelona so you are able to come into the office for important meetings/events.
- Relocation support to help you move to Barcelona (if you’re not already here).
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays.
- A very generous ticket-restaurant to get you that nice meal and restore some life-points.
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, to keep your health bar full.
- Choose from the latest IOS or Android device upon joining (phone or tablet).
- Free language lessons (English & Spanish ).
- Spotify Premium to add that special soundtrack that every adventure deserves.
- Legendary social events & parties to let off some steam.
- People development is key for us: an amazing budget just for you to spend skilling up your abilities & knowledge to achieve real growth opportunities!
Coming to work in the office? Don’t worry - we have you covered. Check out some of our onsite benefits;
- State of the art gym facilities so you can level up your build stats.
- Book an appointment with our onsite physiotherapist for your aches and pains.
- A massive gaming room equipped with all consoles and games you could ask for.
- Drop by our onsite hairdressers for a trim (and forget your wallet; it's a Guild perk).
The list just goes on & on... so get your game on & apply now!
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time! We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.