Ready for your next adventure?!
We are Socialpoint, a world-renowned mobile games studio based in sunny Barcelona. Our games are positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, and they are played and loved by millions of fans all over the world. We are proud members of the Take-Two Interactive and Zynga family, and we are on a mission to offer a great gaming experience and bring fun to everyone!
As a Director of Engineering you will head up an overall team of 15-30 highly skilled Software Engineers and a cross functional knit group of Architects. The team is responsible for designing and implementing new features and enhancements to the live mobile game development framework, covering the following components: Client, Server, Infrastructure and LiveOps operations.
You'll collaborate with senior stakeholders across various Zynga Departments and Game Studios to prioritise requests, plan the roadmap and ensure the team can deliver, you'll influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team to ensure successful strategy execution. You will be an advocate of engineering and Agile software development best practices and cultivating a culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing.
As a part of your daily responsibilities, you will:
- Work closely with a dedicated technical producer and product manager to drive excellence for the team’s offerings. Collaborate with game teams and partner teams to ensure new features meet the highest standards of performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Provide direction by defining high-value, measurable goals
- Grow and mentor the team, earn their trust, advance their skills and their careers
- Work with team members and peers in both Central European and North American time zones.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience of managing Team Leads / Managers
- Comfortable collaborating across teams and with senior stakeholders
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; comfortable explaining technical topics to non-technical users
- Ability to work in a team environment with maturity and leadership
- Familiarity with agile development methods and tools
- Ability to navigate complex scenarios with stakeholders through the use of tact, conflict resolution, and bargaining skills
- Ability to lead under ambiguity, balancing multiple work-streams and priorities
- Proficiency with Game Development best practices and its key components: Client Development (Unity, C++, Native), Backend Technology (Python/Go), Tools Development and Cloud (AWS)
- Experience running a team who works on projects and supports live services and products simultaneously
What's in it for you as a Socialpointer?
We have a hybrid working from home/office system. So, what does this mean? All we ask is that you live within commuting distance of our office in Barcelona so you are able to come into the office for important meetings/events.
- Relocation support to help you move to Barcelona (if you’re not already here).
- An impressive 25 days annual leave , not including public holidays.
- A very generous ticket-restaurant to restore some life-points.
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, to keep your health bar full.
- Choose from the latest IOS or Android device upon joining (phone or tablet).
- Free language lessons (English & Spanish ).
- Spotify Premium to add that special soundtrack that every adventure deserves.
- Legendary social events & parties to let off some steam.
- Players develop…Oops, sorry! People development is key for us: an amazing budget just for you to spend skilling up your abilities & knowledge to achieve real growth opportunities!
Check Out Some Of Our Onsite Benefits
Coming to work in the office. Don’t worry - we have you covered.
- Want to stay in shape? We have state of the art gym facilities so you can level up your build stats.
- A massive gaming room equipped with all consoles and games you could ask for.
- Book an appointment with our onsite physiotherapist for your aches and pains.
- Drop by our onsite hairdressers for a trim (and forget your wallet; it's a Guild perk).
The list just goes on & on... so get your game on & apply now! Please click “apply” to level up and submit your application in English.
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time! We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.