Software Engineer, Engines Infrastructure
All roles listed as ‘remote’ are considered remote within the same country, and should we offer you the position, the remote option will be at the hiring manager’s discretion. Please note, you must not have any working restrictions in the country where this job is located. Check out our Flexwork policy for more information
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to help scale Snyk engine’s infrastructure. You will work closely with a warm and caring team that builds amazing technology powering Snyk’s products. Together you’ll use your creativity to create new exciting tooling that analyses applications and helps developers find and fix vulnerabilities.
You have relevant industry experience in software engineering, automation and infrastructure to help deliver beautiful, reliable and fast service at scale. Teams at Snyk have a strong devops culture: the people who build the software, run the software. You will be learning and growing both your own skills and the skills of your team.
Within Snyk, all teams run their own infrastructure. We expect you to be comfortable in designing, implementing and maintaining services that run either in a fully managed environment (i.e. Kubernetes) or that needs its end-to-end optimised stack. Building such services means that you will be doing software development, in addition to applying your infrastructure skills.
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive working environment we've fostered, where we can benefit from the different perspectives within our team. We are collaborative, curious, and respectful - it’s important to us that everyone feels comfortable contributing their ideas and views.
You’ll spend your time:
- Design and implement distributed systems that process and analyse user applications at low latency (i.e. users using Snyk from an IDE plugin) and high throughput (users scanning large projects).
- Improving the reliability of our platform and product via open source observability tools such as Grafana and Prometheus.
- Implementing Infrastructure-as-code in order to support multiple cloud providers and deployment options.
- Participating in an on-call rotation with the development team.
- Along with the rest of the team, we create and optimize both the systems that run our back office service like CI/CD, and the servers servicing our customers.
- Do engineering work in the areas of "deployment, secrets management, system observability, monitoring, log aggregation, scaling, and more."
- Are or want to become comfortable crossing the border between development and infrastructure operations from one day to the next.
- Helping the team create the needed tools and infrastructure to maintain scalability and reliability.
You should apply if you:
- Have experience provisioning and running cloud infrastructure
- Have experience with infrastructure as code
- Have programming experience.
- Enjoy working as part of a team and teaching others
- Are fluent in English
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- Manage infrastructure on AWS cloud or Linux servers.
- Are familiar with a base service such as (Open)LDAP, DNS (bind) and OpenVPN in a Linux context
- Deploy and manage infrastructure with Terraform and Ansible.
- Are passionate about all things security in an infrastructure context.
- Have a familiarity with containerization, and have used Kubernetes and Podman.
- Like to automate things as much as possible.
- Are curious and love to explore new domains, technologies, and approaches.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
At Snyk, we envision an inclusive technology industry powering a more sustainable and secure world. Since our founding, Snykers have cared deeply for one another and the developer and security communities as well as the larger world around us. Learn more about our Snyk Impact social and environmental mission and take action with us here.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.