Pharmacy Technician, Call Center Specialist - $19/hr
SmithRx, a San Francisco based healthcare technology company, is looking for exceptional pharmacy and/or contact center professionals to join our team of Member Support Specialists. Your team is in charge of supporting the SmithRx pharmacy benefit product to our broad set of plan members all over the country. This position will report to our Senior Manager, Member Support, who is based in Lehi.
Join the fast-growing company that is tackling U.S. healthcare’s least-appreciated problem - pharmacy benefits.
Based in San Francisco, SmithRx was founded in 2016 to create a modern pharmacy benefit management (PBM) platform. PBMs administer and manage pharmacy benefits for companies and health plans to achieve cost savings and ensure patients have a seamless experience when purchasing prescription drugs. PBMs serve as the system of record for who is covered for what drugs at what price and handle the back end services that make it possible for everyday Americans to fill their prescriptions at the pharmacy of their choice.
Over the past few decades, traditional PBMs have grown to become very powerful middlemen and exceedingly profitable entities as companies and patients have borne the burden of exploding prescription drug prices in America. This has drawn the attention of the federal and state governments, who are putting the traditional PBM business model under a microscope and are pushing for changes. Enter SmithRx - we apply fresh, efficient, user-friendly technology and an aligned business model for our customers and patients so that they may receive the best pricing and service.
Each year, nearly half a trillion dollars flow through pharmacy benefit managers, with three large companies controlling 75%+ market share. SmithRx, as the only startup PBM in Silicon Valley, is offering a new path forward.
SmithRx brings together experience from healthcare companies including Anthem, Athena Health, and Collective Health as well as a broader set of technology leaders including LinkedIn, Facebook, Zynga, and Glassdoor, to solve what we believe is one of the largest problems in U.S. healthcare.
Who We Are
SmithRx team members, at our core, are two things: mission-driven and collaborative. We all believe that the U.S. healthcare system is in need of fixing and we come to work each day dedicated to making this change a reality. We are collaborative and believe we will only accomplish our lofty company goals if we work as one cohesive team.
In our work here, we consistently point to our three company values to help guide us with tricky situations we may face:
- Integrity. Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Courage. Embrace the challenge.
- Together. Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
Join the SmithRx Customer Service Team!
We believe that an excellent customer service team is the lynchpin between happy users and a best-in-class product. In healthcare specifically, exceptional service is of the utmost importance, as it enables members to access the appropriate care. We are building a dedicated and empathetic support team to help our clients’ members get the help they need.
- Engage members as the first point of contact in getting the help they need to resolve issues
- Handle inbound and outbound phone calls to and from members, physicians and pharmacies while maintaining quality standards
- Provide empathetic support to members by phone, email, and other channels
- Resolve issues related to eligibility and pharmacy claims payments
- Educate members about their pharmacy benefits
- Contribute ideas to improve operational efficiency and member experience
- Expected to work shifts during the hours of 7AM - 7PM MST. Overtime may be available during peak times.
- $19 hourly wage
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care FSA, Health Care FSA
- 3 weeks PTO
- Stocked pantry/drinks
- 3-5 years Pharm Tech experience OR
- 3-5 years contact center experience OR
- 3-5 years customer service related experience
- Active listening, conversational speaking skills, with a high degree of empathy
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for helping people
- Proficiency in Mac, Windows, and Google applications
- Experience using Salesforce Service Cloud or other CRM tool is a plus