FinTech, meet Sports Betting
Smarkets is a peer-to-peer exchange for sports and political betting that has handled over $15 billion in trading volume since 2010. We have offices in London, Los Angeles & Malta with staff from 35 different countries.
Our goal is to upend the sports betting industry by creating a transparent platform that creates the best value for users with not only the fairest odds but also the best technology, alongside a superior customer experience. We've been able to achieve this as a result of our dynamic, self-starting company philosophy which puts the engineers in charge of driving change.
As a company we use a range of modern computing languages and tools which have been conceptualised and implemented by the engineering group - Kubernetes, React, React Native, Rust, C++17 & Python to name a few.
Ultimately our culture has been responsible for the work the engineering staff have achieved. We aim to have a relaxed and collaborative working environment to solve the challenging problems that we face. In-house chefs, transparent salaries and monthly parties are some of the highlights of being a Smarketeer.
The Smarkets platform is used by more than 25k users daily through the App, Website or REST API. We are continuously developing new features for all of these platforms or in the backend, to improve performance, scalability and usability.
- You have a strong background in Computer Science, with a good understanding of software design, data structures, and algorithms
- You are capable of writing well tested and maintainable code that integrates with an existing software system
- Familiarity with Python 3, C++, React Native, or Rust is a plus, but not a must
- Experience with any other technologies in our stack (Kafka, Postgres, Flask, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Grafana)
- You have some personal projects or open source contributions to show off on your GitHub
- An interest in sports, politics, finance or betting
- Friendly and open company culture
- Three healthy meals a day cooked by our in house chefs
- Flexible work hours
- Personal training and conference budget
- Bright and friendly office near tower bridge, with the usual start-up perks (Foosball table, fruit and snack bar, various gaming consoles and more)
- Monthly office events like parties, pub quizzes or fun workshops
- And of course, a competitive salary matching your experience level
Our strength is technology and trading with a passion to push the known boundaries of real-time financial technology. With our self-management structure, flexible work environment and uncapped holiday allowance, Smarkets offers a unique opportunity to be part of a great work culture. Our office in St Katharine’s Docks (Tower Hill) comes complete with a fantastic roof terrace and a team of in-house chefs cooking breakfast and lunch every day. Food is big at Smarkets, and lunch al’desko is officially banned!
The fine print:
Your salary will be determined by the experience and knowledge that you demonstrate during the interview process. We've quoted a broad range to help show the different levels of experience we look for. We are committed to pay parity and unlike a lot of other companies, we disclose salary information internally.
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the European Economic Area when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.